Campaigns and Outreach Organizer
The campaigns and outreach organizer position will be at the heart of PHR’s advocacy team. Building momentum, developing creative campaigns, and designing plans for direct action. PHR is unique in its work and this position offers the opportunity to turn that work into action. The campaigns and outreach organizer’s efforts will bring about changes in policy and help build a movement with a network of physicians from around the world.
PHR’s campaigns and outreach organizer will assist in the development of creative ideas to engage our network of physicians in some of the most critical global situations and issues, and will work with the advocacy team to build innovative campaigns to shift policy and create social awareness that helps lead to impactful action.
Reports to: Director of advocacy
Location: New York, NY
- Support the incoming director of advocacy in the development of the newly expanded advocacy department, providing feedback and input on strategic and other planning decisions regarding advocacy programs, campaigns, and initiatives.
- Create strategy to build momentum, establishing and cultivating collaborative relationships and outreach to engage physicians worldwide.
- Consult with PHR’s experts to develop strong messaging that resonates with physicians and helps strategically advance PHR’s advocacy and brand.
- Generate compelling campaign actions to cultivate engagement and activation using a range of digital platforms.
- Leverage digital tools to grow and mobilize our base of supporters, build political will and advance organization-wide goals.
- Monitor worldwide news related to human rights issues of concern for PHR; identify opportunities to forge alliances with partners.
- Build and implement strong, innovative campaigns specific to advocacy activities that are applicable to priority policy areas.
- Draft compelling policy and advocacy campaign communications relevant to PHR and targeted to specific stakeholders to advance objectives and activate and grow physician network coalition.
- Conduct persuasive public speaking and media outreach, effectively representing PHR and articulating campaign positions and objectives.
- Participate in internal policy and advocacy meetings with different PHR program teams, providing insights into areas of convergence between PHR work and campaign design and implementation.
- Draft monthly activities reports on campaign and outreach efforts and results to satisfy both internal and external funder reporting requirements.
- Supervise the work of interns.
- Other duties, tasks, and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree (JD, MA in Human Rights or International Affairs) preferred.
- At least six years of experience in advocacy, campaign, and policy design and implementation and/or communications, with experience in creating campaign tactics and strategies.
- Demonstrated passion and commitment to global justice, citizen empowerment, and social change.
- Enthusiasm for a wide range of global issues, with a readiness to move swiftly between them, while being able to rapidly focus in on the details of each simultaneously.
- Demonstrated understanding of how civic advocacy and public campaigning function.
- Must be tech savvy.
- Fluency in English is a requirement, additional languages a plus.
- Passion and commitment to human rights and a demonstrated passion for PHR’s mission.
- Proactivity, flexibility, creativity, and a preparedness for hard work.
- Strong teamwork skills, comfortable in a highly collaborative team culture and a hierarchical team structure, as well as able to work independently.
- Excellent judgement and resourcefulness.
- Strong strategic thinking and campaign planning skills, with the ability to engage policy makers, leaders, and audiences in a credible, professional manner.
- Energetic self-starter with outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail, and follow-through, and proven ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Excellent writing and message development skills, as well as strong oral and presentation skills; comfortable with the media and public speaking.
- Demonstrated professionalism, efficiency, and results-oriented delivery on short timelines.
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills, maturity, creativity, flexibility, patience, and a good sense of humor.
- An interest and capability in translating evidence-based research and knowledge into activism and advocacy.
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time position located in New York City. Salary is commensurate with experience. PHR offers comprehensive employer-paid benefits, including medical, dental, disability, and life insurance, a retirement savings plan, and generous vacation.
How to Apply
Please email cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email. Please indicate where you saw this job posting in your cover letter.
Job posted: 2018-11-15