cemrec policy government public affairs advisor
Chevron is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of CEMREC Policy Government Public Affairs Advisor located in San Ramon, CA through January 07, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the overall messaging in support of the Chevron Environmental Management and Real Estate Company (CEMREC) leadership team. It requires advanced skill in all aspects of communications, public affairs and project management.
- Provides and coordinates public and government relations, community engagement, and external and internal communications services for Chevron Environmental Management Company and Business & Real Estate Services (CEMREC) on projects throughout North America, as assigned. Projects entail environmental remediation and facilities decommissioning activities.
- Executes an integrated CEMREC communications plan to inform and engage colleagues about key organization strategies, priorities and results; supports critical business issues and key initiatives, as required.
- Develops and implements executive communications to primarily support the CEMREC leadership team; executive communication deliverables may include key message development, executive letters, executive talking points, presentation development, webcast/video development, and town hall/event coordination and materials development for key leader meetings
- Works closely with Corporate Policy Government and Public Affairs (PGPA) to ensure CEMREC communication deliverables align with corporate and organization standards and messages
- Manages the coordination of PGPA activities to help meet business objectives while enhancing the company’s reputation and building positive relationships in the communities
- Serves as spokesperson with external audiences and local media.
- Provides media relations guidance to clients. Prepares media holding statements and talking points
- Works closely with Chevron’s corporate media relations group and assigned legal counsel
- Provides internal crisis/incident management communications support, as needed
- As a fully integrated member of the Risk Mitigation team, participates in ongoing team meetings and offsite events
- Takes all required training and fulfills all required compliance training
- Bachelor Degree in Communications, Public Relations or similar field of study
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience is required
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and experience developing a wide variety of communications content and experience in various mediums/channels.
- Demonstrated ability to develop communications and stakeholder engagement plans, comfortable engaging with media and government officials and senior business partners.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, ability to build consensus and work collaboratively in multi-disciplinary environments; interact effectively with management, peers and key internal stakeholders.
- Strong project management skills, attention to detail and the ability to produce a large amount of high-quality output with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong ability to build internal and external stakeholder relationships that foster business results and help protect Chevron’s reputation.
- Develop strong, influential relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals.
- Contribute effectively to a work team to achieve team goals.
- Express ideas or thoughts clearly and logically both orally and in writing.
- Share information and work co-operatively with other team members.
- Assist and support team members where necessary.
- Understand team dynamics and factors that can affect team performance.
- Travel to project sites, as required.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Learn more here
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Job posted: 2019-01-05