Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
CEO Communications Director
A career in Firm Strategy and Communications, will provide you with the opportunity to establish effective communication programmes that promote and protect PwC’s vision, strategy, values, and purpose. You’ll focus on designing communication strategies that aid in implementing new policies and programmes and that will enhance the organisation’s relations with the community, public, government, shareholders, and employees.
Our Communications team combines expertise including corporate and issues communications, internal communications, change management, media relations, public affairs, digital and social communications and analytics. In PwC Communications, we don’t just create and amplify content, we are storytellers relentlessly dedicated to being strategic counselors, inspiring our people, growing and protecting PwC’s brand and creating business value that accelerates PwC’s strategy.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Director, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Support team to disrupt, improve and evolve ways of working when necessary.
- Arrange and sponsor appropriate assignments and experiences to help people realise their potential and support their long-term aspirations.
- Identify gaps in the market and spot opportunities to create value propositions.
- Look for opportunities to scale efficiencies and new ways of working across multiple projects and environments.
- Create an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- I promote and encourage others to value difference when working in diverse teams.
- Drive and take ownership for developing connections that help deliver what is best for our people and stakeholders.
- Influence and facilitate the creation of long-term relationships which add value to the firm.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
*Covid-19 Vaccination – At this time, proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a basic qualification for this role. You will be required to confirm that you are fully vaccinated with vaccines approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (“FDA”) or the World Health Organization (“WHO”).
Minimum Degree Required:
High School Diploma
Minimum Years of Experience:
Preferred Fields of Study:
English Literature, Journalism, Communications Studies/Speech Communication and Rhetoric, Business Administration/Management, Marketing, Finance
This role reports to PwC’s Executive Communications Leader and will serve as the deputy external executive communications lead. Responsibilities will include:
- Coaching, leading and inspiring your team to deliver on the day-to-day execution of strategies as well as overall professional development;
- Developing and executing communications strategies and plans for our Senior Partner (CEO equivalent) and U.S. Leadership Team (C-Suite);
- Writing speeches and talking points for external events, public engagements and media activations;
- Driving proactive external engagement with key opinion leaders that expand leaders’ networks and support firm objectives;
- Elevating our Senior Partner’s voice on specific topics aligned with PwC’s strategy including trust, ESG, DEI and the news topics of the day through a mix of speaking engagements and published written pieces;
- Overseeing CEO social media strategy to drive engagement across priority audiences and topics;
- Drafting concise yet thorough briefing materials used to prepare senior leaders for external engagements;
- Serving as external communications leader on large-scale communications marketing campaigns and milestone moments;
- Partnering closely with our Trust Solutions, Consulting Solutions and Firmwide communication teams on engagements requiring executive communications support;
- Building and maintaining relationships with other members of the PwC team to inform Senior Partner communications strategy and content;
- Crafting a point of view on societal events and issues that may require both a quick response and a sensitive approach; and,
- Implementing processes that drive long-term planning, high-quality content gathering, rigorous execution and valuable insights across all aspects of executive communications.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoifsdirector.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please note that, at this time, to be in-person at a PwC office, client location or PwC-sponsored events, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Job posted: 2022-01-12