CEO Communications Manager
CARE seeks communications officer and writer for the Office of the President and CEO of CARE USA. This position specifically serves as the principal communications specialist and writer for our CEO, Michelle Nunn.
This individual will be required to seek the expertise of various subject matter experts within CARE to ensure that the remarks given by CEO are timely and facts, statistics and anecdotal information are verified and up to date.
This individual must demonstrate an understanding of CARE’s sector and our mission, vision, focus and work to develop an exceptional understanding of CEO’s preferred written and spoken style. S/he will also become familiar with the general work that CARE does across sectors in furtherance of its mission to eliminate extreme poverty and social injustice worldwide.
This individual will have support from the Exec Director, Media Relations when preparing any remarks for media opportunities.
This individual will also manage external speech-writers and freelancers brought in to support key events when this is deemed necessary due to the profile of the opportunity.
This role will work closely with: Chief of Staff, Internal Communications Co-Ordinator, Senior Advisor to the President and CEO, Executive Director Media Relations and others relevant to the subject matter in hand including program team experts and country office leaders and regional executives.
- Oversee CEO Correspondence
- Support of Public Speaking engagements (Internal and Expternal)
- Oversight and Day to Day Managment of CEO blog and Social Media Channels
- Development and refinement of CEO Tone of Voice and Thought Leadership Areas
- Public engagements and appearances
- Support of relevant CEO travel to help with content capture and preparing remarks, as well as real time social media posts.
- Undergraduate Degree
- Digital native
- Background research
- Create an argument and set of ideas
- Excellent written skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Passionate about CARE’s work and our mission, and gender issues
- Passionate about social media and avid news hound
- Some background on development and humanitarian issues
- Eager to learn and has strong drive to develop and excel in a career with CARE
- Skilled in Ideation 5 years speech writing experience
- Executive presence is critical
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at email@example.com.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-20