Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Chemical Policy Manager, Government Relations
Job Family Group:
Are you ready to do something remarkable? Ready to collaborate with an incredible team to solve problems that improve people’s lives? Meet Ingevity.
At Ingevity, we develop innovations that purify, protect and enhance the world around us. Our products enable oil to flow better, crops to grow fuller, roads to last longer and ensure that the air we all breathe is cleaner.
Our people come from all different backgrounds and help reimagine new possibilities daily. We understand there is no challenge too big and no contribution too small. We seek out new ideas for tackling complex problems and celebrate achieving the improbable. We value each person’s unique talents and synergize them to create meaningful impact and sustainable solutions for our customers and our world.
Bold. Energetic. Ingenious. Genuine. If these qualities describe you, we’d love for you to join Ingevity!
How you will impact Ingevity:
- In this position, you will play a pivotal role in the advancement of effective and efficient policies supporting performance chemicals and performance materials worldwide.
- Monitor and analyze rapidly changing regulations and legislation, particularly in North America and Europe, impacting the chemicals, plastics, and renewable fuels sectors.
- Develop, implement, and lead advocacy strategies, prioritizing proactive legislative and regulatory initiatives that support key business objectives.
- Serve as an international spokesperson on relevant policy issues, including representing the company with external stakeholders and trade associations.
- Develop and establish clear and consistent policy briefings, position papers, and impact analyses on key issues and initiatives impacting the company.
- Partner with cross-functional company teams, including Government Relations, Research and Development, Sustainability, Communications, and Growth and Innovation.
What you need to succeed:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience required. Experience must include advocacy and government relations experience for energy or environmental regulatory and legislative policy, preferably in the chemicals, plastics, or petroleum/fuels industries. International government relations experience a plus.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%, including to international locations.
- Exceptional leadership, strategy-development, and problem-solving skills with complex project management required.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize competing priorities and deadlines and organize complex information, including experience prioritizing regulatory and legislative initiatives with respect to impacts on overall company objectives.
- Proven record of outstanding interpersonal skills in facilitation of cooperative, collaborative alliances among a diverse set of business partners required. This could include prior experience participating and collaborating with trade associations and/or government regulatory bodies.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills.
- A passion for environmental protection and sustainability, and a desire to share that passion as we work together to purify, protect, and enhance the world around us.
- This position will require eligibility to enter U.S. government facilities with short notice.
- This position will be based at our global headquarters in North Charleston, SC with 1-2 days a week with work from home flexibility.
- Relocation assistance is available.
- This role is not eligible for employment visa sponsorship. The successful candidate must not now, or in the future, require sponsorship to work in the US.
Ingevity is a company made up of extraordinary people of every race, religion and background, all worthy of the same dignity. Our differences are one of our great strengths. Join us in building a culture of increasing diversity and respect – a culture where everyone belongs.
Ingevity is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Recruiting Agencies: Ingevity does not accept unsolicited resumes and therefore, will not be responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
Job posted: 2022-07-19