Chief of Staff – Corporate Social Responsibility
What you’ll be doing…
As Chief of Staff in Verizon’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) organization, you will work closely with our leadership to advance Verizon’s social responsibility aspirations, including formulation of strategies, development of critical initiatives, and communication of progress and results. You will have proven experience in a strategic business management role, with a special focus on executive-level support and communications.
- Work closely with CSR executive leadership to develop strategies, manage key deliverables, and monitor results to effectively advance Verizon’s CSR objectives.
- Support the progress of CSR initiatives by facilitating frequent cross-functional collaboration sessions to address strategic topics, guiding the discussion to ensure alignment and coordinated action plans with clear ownership and deadlines.
- Develop various CSR-related meeting agendas and create strategic content.
- Publish post-meeting notes documenting key decisions and action items.
- Create visually compelling content for use in executive-level meetings that communicates complicated information in an engaging way.
- Support the SVP/Chief Corporate Responsibility Officer with preparation for speaking engagements and conference appearances.
- Develop the schedule of activities for CSR all hands sessions, ensuring meaningful experiences and content that supports the team’s strategic goals.
- Identify and take on ad hoc strategic projects that require collaboration across multiple teams.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Two or more years in a chief of staff or similar executive-level support role.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- Master’s degree.
- Six or more years in a business management role.
- Background in Sustainability or Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Familiarity with design thinking processes.
- Strategic and analytical thinking skills and can analyze data to make appropriate business recommendations and help shape business strategy.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to effectively influence and engage people and work cross functionally and across multiple levels of leadership to drive results.
- Experience designing and facilitating strategic planning sessions.
- Experience in using PowerPoint and creating strategic presentation materials in a visually compelling way.
- Written and verbal communication.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G – a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-02-24