Chief of Staff, Law & Policy
Everytown for Gun Safety, the nation’s largest gun violence prevention advocacy group, is seeking a Chief of Staff, Law & Policy. The Chief of Staff is responsible for providing strategic and operational support to the Managing Director for Law & Policy and his senior staff. The Chief of Staff provides leadership and coordinates activities for the Managing Director for Law & Policy, including broad management of the Managing Director’s Departments, as well as overseeing major projects and initiatives. The Chief of Staff works closely with the Managing Director for Law & Policy to support policy decision making and implementation for high-priority initiatives and facilitate coordination across Law and Policy Departments. This position is part of the Law & Policy Department of Everytown for Gun Safety Support Fund.
This role will:
- Advise the Managing Director for Law & Policy on strategy and operations across Law & Policy Departments
- Serve a central coordinating role in all activities for the Managing Director for Law & Policy, including managing major projects, commitments, and initiatives and working with appropriate staff and Departments
- Develop annual strategic plan and budget for Managing Director for Law & Policy and lead process to develop annual strategic plans and budgets across all Law & Policy Departments
- Support all HR functions within Law & Policy Departments, including overseeing hiring plans, supporting Directors with recruitment, and working with Directors to liaise with Human Resources department
- Assist coordination of Departments and Directors to ensure alignment with, and effective implementation of, strategic vision
- Liaise with Directors to ensure advancement of Law & Policy objectives and ensure strong interdepartmental processes
- Provide deadline and quality control for products produced within Law & Policy, including working with relevant Directors and senior staff to ensure the timeliness, accuracy, and integrity of all Everytown products
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years of management and/or policy experience
- Experience directly supporting a principal
- A track record of building strong partnerships and working collaboratively within complex organizations
- Experience successfully managing projects, people, and/or teams
- Strong writing skills and exceptional attention to detail
- The ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment with an open floor plan
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Everytown for Gun Safety provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization and vital to our success
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-11