Clean Energy and Equity Policy Analyst
Overview: Association for Energy Affordability (AEA) is a rapidly growing nonprofit energy services and training organization dedicated to achieving energy efficiency in buildings in order to foster and maintain affordable and healthy housing and communities. Energy consulting services are completed through AEA’s participation in a variety of federal, state, and local energy efficiency initiatives. For more information about AEA, see http://www.aea.us.org.
Position Summary: AEA West is seeking a Clean Energy and Equity Policy Analystto join our tight-knit, talented team to help bring the benefits of clean energy to vulnerable communities. The candidate must be passionate about addressing climate change while improving health, safety and general living conditions of those living in frontline and disadvantaged communities. The ideal candidate will have at two years of experience working in the housing and/or energy policy space and is familiar with California’s energy regulatory and legislative policy landscape.
The Clean Energy and Equity Policy Analyst may engage in regulatory proceedings at the California Public Utilities Commission, California Energy Commission, and will track and advocate for legislative initiatives related to clean energy and equitable building decarbonization. The Policy Analyst will also work very closely with AEA’s advocacy partners and represent AEA in coalition and policy working group settings.
Through their engagement with partner organizations the Clean Energy and Equity Policy Analyst will assist leadership in informing and implementing programs and policies that achieve equity focused goals. He or she is expected to be a self-starter, a strong communicator, and a team-player.
Responsibilities: The Clean Energy and Equity Policy Analyst may be responsible for:
- Advocating for energy equity issues in a variety of settings
- Representing AEA in coalition meetings
- Serving as a liaison to our partners in the Energy Efficiency for All Coalition, which includes Natural Resources Defense Council, Greenlining Institute, California Housing Partnership, California Environmental Justice Alliance and others.
- Working with senior management to institute policies and programmatic changes that align with state policy goals
These job responsibilities may be revised over time to ensure the functional responsiveness of the Energy Analyst to AEA and Federal and California State program requirements.
- A bachelor’s degree, plus 1-2 years of prior experience in related role
- Experience working with networks, collaboratives, and coalitions of partners engaged in climate, environment, public health, and equity related topics.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent communication, organization, presentation and analytical skills
- Ability to bring together various resources to work together collaboratively
- Advanced-level knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Additional Qualifications Desired:
- Basic knowledge and experience in energy efficiency and green building principles
- Familiarity with local, state and federal energy policy
- Experience with the policy-making process
EEO Non-Discrimination and ADA Reasonable Accommodation Statement:
Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or partnership status, disability, military status, veteran status, or predisposing genetic characteristics. AEA does not discriminate on the basis of physical or mental disability where the essential functions of the job can be reasonably accommodated. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. For more information on the physical requirements of this position and/or if you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the agency at 212-279-3902 Ext-8265.
TO APPLY: Please submit a resume with cover letter.
- ~ Minorities and women are encouraged to apply ~*
To Apply for a Position at AEA:
Submit your resume with cover letter to ABeresford@aea.us.org or fax it to to (718) 292-1280, Attn: Amy Beresford, Human Resources. Include the position(s) you are applying for in the subject line. If we do not have a suitable position at present, we will hold onto your information and contact you if one arises.
Job posted: 2021-01-08