Client Communications Expert
You’ll help our clients lead change across their organizations, help our consulting teams develop distinctive, innovative communications approaches that inspire our clients to act and you’ll coach, support, and advise McKinsey consultants and clients on how to become world-class communicators.
- 10+ years of experience in a business communications-related field
- Experience as a communications leader in a corporate environment, ideally in a large international organization
- Experience in professional services (broadly defined), ideally in a partnership
- High intelligence with the ability to absorb new information rapidly and grapple with a wide range of complex business issues
- Excellent academic qualifications (ideally a Bachelor’s or Master’s in a field related to business or communications)
- Experience working with a range of business communications media (e.g. writing, presentation, video, animation)
- Strong critical reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Excellent influencing and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding editing and persuasive writing skills
- High degree of presence, credibility and confidence in working with senior colleagues
- Experience with and enthusiasm for coaching colleagues while working alongside them
- Empathy and ability to represent the client’s perspective
- Flexibility and the ability to gracefully navigate ambiguity, deadline pressure and conflicting requests
- Self-motivation, with a talent for working in an entrepreneurial way in an unstructured environment
- Deeply wired client service mindset, with strong networking skills to build up an internal ‘client base’
- Team orientation, with a strong sense of commitment to team members and client impact
- Sensitivity to and discretion in handling confidential information
WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH
As part of our North America Client Communications team, you’ll join a global practice of Client Communications experts which is growing in the US to meet strong demand.
You’ll be based in our New York, Atlanta, Dallas, Denver, or San Francisco office, reporting to our Global Director of Client Communications, and working with teams and clients across the US.
You’ll work with teams both in our offices and at client sites, often travelling in the early days of building a relationship and then settling into a mode of serving mostly remotely.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Job posted: 2020-06-17