Climate and Energy Policy Manager
Since 1951, The Nature Conservancy has been doing work you can believe in protecting the lands and waters that all life depends on. As a science-based organization, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that we can create a world in which people and nature thrive.
We’re rooted in our Mission and guided by our Values, which includes a Commitment to Diversity and Respect for People, Communities, and Cultures. We know we’ll only achieve our Mission by hiring and engaging a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we work. Whether it’s career development, work/life balance, or a rewarding mission, there’s lots of reasons to love life #insideTNC. Our goal is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that all of our colleagues around the globe feel a sense of belonging, and that their unique contributions to our mission are valued.
The Climate Policy Manager supports The Nature Conservancy’s climate policy goals, with special emphasis on advancing implementation of natural climate solutions through legislative and agency relations. S/he advances policies with state and federal agencies and serves as a liaison and informational contact on climate issues in North Carolina between TNC and federal, state, and local governments, business groups, and non-profit organizations. The Climate Policy Manager reports to the Director of Government Relations.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural experience appreciated.
- Familiarity with social, economic, and political conditions and issues in North Carolina.
- Experience coordinating projects in a decentralized organization, working across teams, operating units, and functions to achieve optimal results.
- Experience building networks or organizational capacity, facilitating informational sessions, increasing internal knowledge and capacity, and identifying key stakeholders.
- Outstanding written and oral communication, negotiating, and organizational skills to persuasively convey the need for action on TNC’s climate priorities to a diverse and wide range of audiences while also being mindful of existing trusted partnerships.
- Experience building networks and influencing outcomes without direct authority.
- Self-starting, independent worker who can thrive with minimal oversight.
To view the full position description and apply, please visit https://careers.nature.org. Applications will be reviewed in the order they’re received and the position will remain open until filled. If you experience technical issues, please refer to our applicant user guide or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Please visit our career center for a full list of all our open positions globally – new positions are posted often!
Job posted: 2021-03-09