Climate Finance Policy Analyst or Sr. Policy Analyst
Join us in the fight to hold Wall Street accountable, and make finance work for us, not against
us. Americans for Financial Reform Education Fund (AFREF) is seeking a Policy Analyst to drive a
developing area of work leveraging AFREFs expertise on financial regulation to contribute to the
movement to address climate change and environmental injustice.
AFREF played a leading role in winning passage of the Dodd Frank Financial Reform law and the creation
of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, and we are driving the fight for broader transformations of
the financial system to advance economic, racial, and social justice. AFREF’s staff develops plans and
strategies in collaboration with a coalition of more than 200 consumer, civil rights, labor, communitybased, and other organizations, along with academics and policy experts.
The Climate Finance (Sr.) Policy Analyst will work with AFREF staff and partners to develop, analyze, and
respond to regulatory and legislative proposals; write materials exploring and explaining issues for a
variety of audiences, and supporting AFR’s positions; and work with the AFREF Director, staff, and partners
to develop and implement strategies to advance our policy goals at the intersection of financial regulation
and addressing climate change. There will be opportunities for greater responsibility for more experienced
Job responsibilities include:
• Driving AFREFs growing policy work at the intersection of financial regulation and fighting
• Working with AFREF staff and coalition partners to develop and lay out a climate policy
roadmap for the various financial regulatory agencies
• Collaborating with AFREF policy, research, and campaign staff to identify and develop the
areas of connection between our existing work on private funds, oversight of the Federal
COVID response, public investment, capital markets and more and strategies to address
• Writing regulatory comment letters, letters to the hill, policy memos, reports, fact sheets
and other materials for a range of audiences.
• Representing AFREF at meetings with regulators, legislators, and subject area experts.
• Building relationships with existing and new organizational partners, and engaging
effectively in coalition work to advance our shared goals
• Communicating AFREF’s perspectives and policy positions to the press in collaboration with
our communications staff
Ideal candidates will have:
• A strong commitment to economic and racial justice, and to addressing climate change and
• Excellent policy analysis and research skills
• Write effectively for a broad range of audiences
• Knowledge of financial and banking issues and of climate policy
• Experience with the legislative and regulatory processes
• Strong strategic thinking capabilities
• Comfort working both independently and cooperatively with other staff and coalition
• Experience working with coalitions
• Enjoy the challenge of exploring new issues and subject areas
• An ability to multitask, and to be comfortable in a diverse and fast-moving work
• A law degree, an advanced degree in a related field, and/or quantitative research and data
analysis skills are desirable, but not required
Annual salary range: $70,000 – $90,000 (Policy Analyst) or $90,000 – $105,000 (Sr. Policy Analyst),
commensurate with experience. Generous benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and 401K.
How to apply:
Please send a letter of interest and resume, two writing samples, and 3 references to Darrell Diggins, at:
firstname.lastname@example.org. (Enter “Climate Analyst” or “Climate Sr. Analyst” in subject line.)
AFR Education Fund is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applicants from diverse
backgrounds to apply.
Job posted: 2020-11-03