Commercial/Wholesale Public Policy Leader
Leading enterprise strategic efforts to develop public policy positions relating to commercial and wholesale issues. This newly created position reports to the Head of Public Policy and will focus on the development and implementation of an enterprise public policy reflecting the vision, values and goals of WF regarding commercial and wholesale issues.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Serves as the leader for public policy position development for commercial and wholesale issues.
- Engages extensively with senior leaders with the goal of keeping them informed on the status of public policy matters and equipping them with the information needed to form public policy positions.
- Participates in and leads when necessary internal committees and working groups related to public policy.
- Actively participates in trade association working groups related to the development of public policy.
- Works with leaders within Government Relations and Public Policy and business units to develop public policy positions.
- Engages leaders and team members to ensure Wells Fargo is speaking with one voice.
- Collaborates and coordinates with the GRPP team, Stakeholder Relations, Legal, Risk, Business Units, Communications, Marketing, CRCR and other internal stakeholders.
- Identifies issues, develops positions in a collaborative manner and reports on progress.
- Leads and develops team members, and internal groups, who engage with policymakers ensuring alignment with enterprise public policy positions.
- 8+ years of experience in government relations or a regulatory environment
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience building strong relationships and working collaboratively.
- Experience developing public policy including issues related to small business and derivatives.
- Strong knowledge of the requirements of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act and relevant regulations, and in particular, Titles IV, VI and VII.
- Experience working with the Federal government on public policy issues.
- Experience presenting information in a manner that persuades, educates, and enhances understanding at all levels.
- Experience identifying issues of importance and appropriately socializing internally with partners/line of business leaders who have a need to know.
- Experience identifying, tracking and reporting public policy issues.
- Experience counseling senior leaders regarding public policy.
- Experience using good judgment, taking initiative and thriving under change.
Ability to navigate a large, complex organization and work well with individuals who have limited or no public policy experience.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2018-12-03