Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Communication & Media Relations Manager
Work closely with national healthcare consumer, policy, and trade reporters, with a particular focus on Washington, D.C.-based media outlets, on proactive and reactive media relations.
This is a hyrbid role
- Assists with the development and implementation of strategic public relations.
- Liaises with leadership, subject matter experts and other stakeholders to escalate The Joint Commission’s visibility.
- Works to obtain top-tier press coverage in D.C.-based print, broadcast and online media.
- With Media Relations Manager, conducts day-to-day media relations. Efficiently responds to media inquiries to provide accurate information that aligns with the enterprise’s policies, procedures and practices.
- Leverages existing media relationships and cultivates new contacts.
- With Media Relations Manager, coordinates press conferences, editorial meetings and other public relations events.
- Maintains a keen understanding of pressing industry topics and media stories in healthcare and government – making appropriate communications strategy recommendations.
- Writes and proofreads news releases, media statements, talking points and bylines.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism and/or English required.
- 7-10 years of experience in a public affairs or media relations role.
- Must have excellent writing, speaking and networking skills, as well as thorough knowledge of the healthcare business and policy landscape.
- Solid knowledge of the following:
- Meltwater, Cision or other media monitoring platform
- Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Superior writing skills and solid knowledge of AP Style.
- Existing media relationships with strong contacts inside the Beltway.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-09-01