Communication and Outreach Manager
Overview of Position
The Communication and Outreach Manager plans, develops and implements communication strategies to promote and support the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary’s mission and work, including creating messaging and materials to inform, educate, and inspire key audiences which include businesses, press, potential funders, partners, government leaders, non-governmental organizations, and the public. The Communication and Outreach Manager is also responsible for internal and external public relations, media relations, and community relations; represents the Sanctuary and Foundation programs and image to a variety of internal and external stakeholders; and is responsible for communications and public relations activities to raise awareness of the Sanctuary and its work. The Communication and Outreach Manager also produces content for all digital and physical platforms; manages day-to-day outreach and engagement through print, digital, and social media channels; provides communications and marketing tools and tactical support for the Sanctuary; and serves as liaison with the Sanctuary’s stakeholders and partners.
- Develop a media and outreach strategy to include clear goals and objectives for Florida Keys NMS, outlining plans to meet strategic milestones.
- Serve as the media point of contact, and develop and disseminate media (print, web, releases, TV, video, social) appropriate for conveying Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary policy, conservation efforts, management processes and resource protection to a broad and varied constituent group, locally, regionally and nationally.
- Establish and maintain mutual communications between the Florida Keys NMS, the Foundation, and business, industry, universities, government agencies and the general public; advise management on policy formulation; promote communications with influential and decision-making audiences to encourage understanding and support of agency objectives.
- Assist Superintendent on behalf of the National Marine Sanctuary Foundation by representing Florida Keys NMS in local, regional, state and national forums with the development and implementation of community and business relations.
- Oversee the development of signage and exhibits promoting stewardship of sanctuary resources for targeted audiences and materials for visitor centers, the general public and in the field.
- May serve as team lead to oversee the education and outreach team at Florida Keys NMS to coordinate, conduct, develop and evaluate education, outreach and/or communication activities such as media campaigns, press releases, Op-Eds, brochures, fact sheets, exhibits, A/V support, volunteer programs, PSAs, curricula, outreach programs, visitor centers (development and programming), exhibits, special events planning, and press conference coordination.
Why You Will Love Us
- Dedicated and passionate staff committed to marine and Great Lakes conservation, and a fun group who takes its work more seriously than we take ourselves.
- Generous leave policy
- Health Benefits: medical, dental, and vision
- Foundation paid disability and life Insurance
- Retirement: 403(B) with 3% employer contribution after one year of service. No match required, 100% vested.Compensation and Benefits
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience. The Foundation offers a competitive benefits package.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-08-21