Communication Outreach Manager
The Communication Outreach Manager plays a key role in communicating and setting up a new capability within the customer’s organization to build a community of interest (COI) and share best practices. The specialist will perform outreach, facilitate and capture information from sessions with COI members, generate original content, collaborate with website lead and communication team to create platforms, newsletters, and other opportunities to share information with the COI. Strong written and verbal communications are essential, as the position requires working directly with subject matter experts and technical specialists and capturing details of processes and best practices. A background in training and development, communications, experience with human-centered design and other methodologies will ensure success in this role.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience with knowledge management/collaboration or related field, with strengths in communications and/or a background in training
• Support outreach events with banners, printed media, and promotional items as requested. Responsible for transport of handouts, banners, table coverings, set-up, breakdown of outreach paraphernalia materials for assigned outreach events. Responsible for photographing and memorializing the event for client website, newsletter, and social media outlets.
• Answer phone calls, respond to email inquiries and provide recommended resource information as required
• Create and maintain electronic mailing lists targeting specific outreach groups
• Design and create brochures, newsletters, fact sheets, flyers, and other materials focused on outreach efforts and program exposure
• Prepare briefings, talking points and other presentation materials for outreach efforts.
• Write technical documents for publications services, provide administrative as well as audio, video, production, and teleconferencing support
• Ensure that the website content remains current and dynamic.
• Provide QA/QC services to ensure that all the web pages are up to date and all links are functional
• Update client website with current outreach information, photos from outreach events, and other information, as required. The content for the knowledge library, vendor directory, acquisition forecasts etc. shall be provided by client.
• Submit a monthly report to the client on the statistical and performance analysis conducted on the client website. The report shall include at a minimum but not limited to the number and duration of website visits, program areas and other pages viewed and total visitors to the website each month
• Proven ability to build a Community of Interest (COI)
• Experience with the organization’s suite of collaboration tools, websites, and enterprise resources that may be available to support activities
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to lead meetings, facilitate workshops and other COI activities
• BS/BA degree in Communications, Public Affairs, Public Relations, Business or related field and ten (10) years or more of related experience; Masters and eight (8) years or more experience.
• Minimum six (6) years of event communications, outreach, communications, public affairs, public relations or business experience or related field
• Previous Federal government experience preferred
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to give formal and informal presentations to the public;
• Project a professional image and strong business acumen during interactions with public;
• Professional self-starter, able to work collaboratively with others
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, e-mail applications (Outlook) is required.
• Must have proactive and agility in approach to problem solving/solution
• Must have strong time management skills
• Superb written and oral communication skills, client driven with experience interacting with senior level government officials and other high-level stakeholders.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation’s most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-07