Communication and Public Affairs Leader – Actelion
Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd., a Janssen Pharmaceutical Company of Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for Communication and Public Affairs Leader. The role can be based in Horsham, PA or Titusville, NJ.
As part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Actelion is a leader in the field of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH). Our portfolio of PAH treatments covers the spectrum of disease, from WHO Functional Class (FC) II through to FC IV, with oral, inhaled and intravenous medications.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
In this role you will play a critical role by leading the Communication & Public Affairs team for Actelion. As lead commercial communications resource, drive business unit growth and build stakeholder trust/advocacy through proactive public relations. In addition, you will inspire employee engagement and advocacy through powerful organizational communications.
- Develop strong partnership with and serve as trusted advisor to President and Actelion Leadership Team; serve on US Actelion Operating Committee
- Integrate knowledge from deep internal and external networks; multi-stakeholder insights; and broad understanding of business, competitive and industry priorities to lead the development and efficient implementation of strategic communication plans that drive key business and reputation outcomes and shape the environment for Actelion’s key brands of OPSUMIT®, UPTRAVI®, TRACLEER® and pipeline products.
- Proactively drive business and Enterprise outcomes by identifying and applying key outcomes metrics to communication practices, and provide insights that drive confidence, integration and alignment
- Anticipate and address emerging market and internal realities to drive revenue and profitability
- Build understanding of current issues in the environment affecting businesses and brands; in partnership with Public Affairs colleagues, develop and execute public affairs strategies that inform and shape belief, action, behavior and advocacy to shape the external environment
- Partner closely with the Actelion global C&PA leader, Corporate Media Relations, and Investor Relations Manage public relations agencies and other professional agencies supporting brands / franchises
- Develop and oversee public relations budgets and manage resources
- Develop relationships with key media, including social media influencers
- Build relationships with and act as liaison to key third-party influencers and external constituencies
- Maintain stakeholder trust through effective management of issues
- Proactively identify potential brand / franchise-related issues and develop issues-management strategies
- Manage product issues and other situations that may impact stakeholder trust and company reputation
- Partner closely with global Janssen communication and Media Relations to ensure Enterprise alignment
- Develop messages and serve as spokesperson for media inquiries
- Partnering with business leaders, develop internal communication strategy and messages to inspire, engage, inform and align employees
- Partnering with global Actelion teams, Change Management, HR and others, drive positive integration experience for employees
- Drive outcomes by bringing a measurement approach to organizational communication, incorporate relevant metrics that are indicators of employee engagement
- Partner closely with Workforce Communication CoE, HR, and others to ensure integrated, seamless integration Enterprise communications
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience managing communication in a company, NGO, government agency and/or public relations agency
- Proven track record of successful public relations/communications, corporate communication, product communication, public affairs, and/or media relations achievements
- Demonstrated ability to develop successful partnerships and influence with senior executives
- Demonstrated ability to craft compelling stories, with superior written, oral and visual communication abilities
- People management experience
- Experience in managing budgets and schedules
- Deep understanding of digital and social platforms
- Experience dealing with national and local lay, professional/trade and social media
- Experience within the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in crisis/issues management
- Experience in the PH space
- Demonstrated analytic ability
- Ability to maintain perspective and bring positive attitude and courage to partnership discussions
- Professional maturity and ability to work effectively across levels, functions, regions, and backgrounds
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? We welcome your application!
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-04