Communication and Public Relations Manager
The world’s largest artisanal Italian food and beverage marketplace is coming to Texas! Eataly Dallas will open in 2020 in NorthPark Center.
Eataly was founded in Italy in 2007 and has since expanded to more than 39 locations (and counting!) across the globe. Eataly is a place where you can EAT, SHOP and LEARN about high-quality, authentic Italian cuisine. Each Eataly location contains an array of restaurants, cafés, to-go eateries, fresh counters (think Italian cheese and meat, and fresh pasta made in front of you!), a grocery market with more than 10,000 products, and a cooking school.
Eataly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Eat Better, Live Better!
The Communication & Public Relations Manager is responsible for all media and industry relations and for cultivating and upholding positive media coverage. The Communications and Public Relations Manager creates, organizes and executes an Eataly store’s internal and external public relations strategies with the goal of acquiring more advanced recognition in the market, promoting products and establishing leadership throughout the food industry.? Reports directly to the Marketing Manager and reports functionally to the Head of PR and Social Media for Eataly North America.
- Establishes processes for creating a steady volume of press releases and media coverage to promote Eataly happenings and events, experts, restaurants, products and services
- Develops and maintains relationships with media and influencer contacts within the food industry
- Works together with the Corporate office on the media buy strategy for the store
- Collaborates with the Education and Events team to execute in-store public and private events, including all press and social media coverage leading up to, during and following the events
- Conducts tours for VIP clients and referrals
- Furnishes all products for TV appearances and photo shoots
- Produces all store-related social media content with the goal of growing the Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts: creates copy and images, manages a weekly editorial and engagement strategy
- Writes articles for the Eataly website about happenings in the store
- Fields all charity and donation requests, and facilitates contributions
- Works together with the in-store marketing team on creating and executing a Community relations strategy, partnering with offices, associations and other local organizations
- Supports the Marketing Manager on all initiatives
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of progressively more responsible Communications, PR & Social Media experience?
- Strong knowledge of contacts in the local food industry
- Previous experience with and knowledge of the paid media landscape and local influencers
- Advanced understanding of social media platforms – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Excellent verbal communication skills and professional writing skills
- Ability to participate in events and happenings in the food industry and to create contacts
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Fluency in Italian language preferred
- Availability to work onsite with a flexible schedule sometimes including evening and weekends
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance and Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off, 401K with company match, Commuter Benefits and Plum Benefits
- Free staff meal on shift and discounts at Eataly
- Fun staff classes on products and Italian cuisine
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-08