Social Solutions International, Inc. (Social Solutions) is a Hispanic and woman-owned business emphasizing quality research and evaluation, training and technical assistance, and institutional support services. We are a mission-driven organization that believes that superior science can improve the world. Social Solutions is dedicated to the creation of social and health solutions to improve the welfare of underserved populations worldwide.
Overview of the Position
Application deadline: Open until filled
This position is on the Program Office Communications Team within USAID’s Bureau for Development, Democracy, and Innovation (DDI). The Program Office Communications Team is responsible for overseeing communications activities for DDI leadership and Centers and Hubs throughout the Bureau to advance DDI and Agency priorities. DDI is USAID’s central resource for providing world-class technical assistance to its Missions. DDI’s cross-cutting, global perspective enables the Agency to anticipate and respond to evolving trends and issues, catalyze innovation and financing, and broaden our partnership base, all with the goal of sustainably meeting USAID’s development and humanitarian goals.
This position will provide strategic communications and public engagement support for the DDI Bureau and Agency. Primary activities include managing clearances, press, outreach, social media, and event support for DDI technical programs. The incumbent will create and maintain linkages with key networks, package program information and results for a variety of audiences, and identify creative communications channels to create actionable content and engagement opportunities to highlight DDI programming internally and externally.
- Reviews and supports clearance of communications and relevant materials for DDI or other portfolios as assigned to ensure consistency with Agency and DDI messaging, policy, and procedures.
- Supports the development and implementation of the DDI communications activities, including its top-line messaging, marketing materials, and set of communications tools.
- Writes, edits and oversees the production and dissemination of strategic communication materials, including but not limited to online feature stories, blog posts, case studies, fact sheets, presentations, and video scripts.
- Manages the editorial process and pipeline, including sourcing and pitching story ideas, and editing content.
- Assists in drafting social media content.
- Monitors development news, trends, and best practices, and translates into actionable content.
- Supports the management and growth of an active community of practice using a variety of internal and external channels (e.g., newsletters, webinars, live events, online platforms, etc.) and leveraging a mix of communication resources (e.g., toolkits, case studies).
- Develops online content for and manages external and internal web platforms.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, international development, business, economics, public policy, or a relevant field.
- At least 4 – 6 years of full-time professional experience.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a complex communications portfolio(s).
- Demonstrate strong sense of responsibility; Good organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task well in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience managing programs and interacting successfully with senior principals in a fast-paced environment.
Social Solutions offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. Please submit your resume online at www.socialsolutions.biz.
Social Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job posted: 2021-07-20