Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Communication Specialist #ATS-13150
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to Communications, Journalism, Marketing, English, Public Administration, Legislative Affairs, or a related field
- Minimum 10 years’ of experience; minimum 5 years’ of relevant professional experience in communications; Department of Defense experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing and advising on communications strategies, to include focused messaging to specific audiences
- Experience in the development, drafting, editing, publishing, distribution, coordination of various communication deliverables, to include information papers, guidance memorandums, policies, technical reports, congressional reports, annual reports, and responses to media inquiries, briefing cards, and presentations
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with and elicit information from engineers and other technical subject matter experts, locate primary sources, synthesize disparate data points into a focused message, and communicate technical topics to non-technical audiences
- Experience tracking project progress to plan
- Ability to work effectively both individually and as a member of a team
- Flexibility and willingness to work on all aspects of team priorities
- Ability to work with a wide range of contributors, to include engineers, subject matter experts, functional teams, senior leadership, and external stakeholders
- Strong planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work within tight deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including copy editing experience
- Ability to design and produce high-quality products and documents
- Familiarity with Office of the Secretary of Defense and Department of Defense writing styles as contained in DoD Manual 5110.04-M, Volume 1, DoD Manual for Written Material: Correspondence Management and DoD 5110.04-M, Volume 2, DoD Manual for Written Material: Examples and Reference Material
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
- Proficiency creating charts, tables, and info-graphics
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience working with the media, to include writing press releases
- Familiarity with the DoD public release process
- Journalism experience a plus
- Public Affairs experience a plus
- Congressional Staffer / Hill experience a plus
SRC IS A CONTRACTOR FOR THE U.S. GOVERNMENT, THIS POSITION WILL REQUIRE U.S. CITIZENSHIP AS WELL AS, A U.S. GOVERNMENT SECURITY CLEARANCE AT THE SECRET LEVEL
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology and engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. For positions requiring a security clearance, selected applicants will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We strongly believe in the abundance of differences among individuals. We value different points of view and appreciate diverse perspectives. We truly believe this is what makes our organization inclusive and more responsive to the needs of our diverse customers.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Scientific Research Corporation endeavors to make www.scires.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact email@example.com for assistance. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
SRC does not currently require COVID-19 vaccinations for its employees. Pending the outcome of various court proceedings and resultant government action, SRC and all other Federal Contractor employees may be required, at some point in the future, to be fully vaccinated subject to accommodations for valid medical or religious reasons. Please visit https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ to read more about the Federal Government’s current position on COVID-19 vaccines for Federal Contractor employees.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-05-07