Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 96,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
“3M is making incredible impact in communities around the globe. As the leader of 3M’s global community engagement, I am incredibly proud to say that you will be working alongside 3Mers, community partners and customers who are extremely committed to making positive and equitable change.” – Michael Stroik, vice president of community relations
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As a Communications Strategist on the global corporate communications team, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Leading the internal communication strategy for a variety of Equity & Community topics, including diversity and inclusion, social justice and community engagement (giving and volunteerism)
- Developing comprehensive plans and communications materials for 3M employees, functional leaders and project teams to achieve high-priority communication and business goals
- Driving employee engagement and action through clear messaging and compelling employee-facing communication tactics across a number of different channels and approaches (e.g., messaging, presentations, articles, emails, and intranet content)
- Collaborating effectively across the communications team and with subject matter experts, external creative agencies and vendors to implement tactics according to project plans and editorial calendars
- Conducting metrics analysis to gauge impact and inform future campaigns, strategies and plans
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M requires (at a minimum) the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Three (3) combined years of experience in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Brand, and/or Advertising in a private, public, government or military environment
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Previous communications experience with diversity and inclusion topics
- Project management experience in a private, public, government or military environment
- Ability to interface directly with partner teams, vendor partners and subject matter experts
- Ability to translate complex material into simple, engaging communications
- Strategic thinking and ability to develop creative solutions
- Strong editorial skills, including grammar, spelling, punctuation and working knowledge of AP style
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Teams
Location: Open to remote US locations, or our Maplewood, MN Global Headquarters
Travel: Minimal travel is anticipated
Relocation Assistance: May be authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.Responsibilities of this position include that corporate policies, procedures and security standards are complied with while performing assigned duties.Our approach to flexibility is called Work Your Way, which puts employees first and drives well-being in ways that enable 3M’s business and performance goals. You have flexibility in where and when work gets done. It all depends on where and when you can do your best work.Pay & Benefits Overview: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/careers-us/working-at-3m/benefits/3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-10-06