PotomacWave is looking for a Communications Analyst to join our team supporting a Federal client in Washington, DC. This team is currently working remote due to COVID-19 and will be fully remote until January 2022. This position is in fast paced environment actively working to update and improve government policy. This is a perfect opportunity for someone looking to take the next step in their career! A successful candidate will have experience working independently and producing communications materials data and presenting findings in front of the team.
- Coordinate and develop communications materials, including leadership messaging, presentation materials, talking points, and web page enhancements.
- Develop communication materials and other outreach materials.
- Support scheduling meetings including development of presentations, outreach materials, coordinating logistics, and capture meeting minutes and action items; distributing action items to participants; and documenting resolution of action items.
- Develop strategies, tools, resources, processes, materials and make enhancements to the internal office documents that will enable the office to operate more effectively and efficiently.
- Develop, refine, and evaluate performance measures and support tracking and reporting of progress against the performance measures.
- Track, document, and report on operational activities and accomplishments on a weekly basis.
- Provide planning, organization, process development, and implementation support.
- Provide operational support including development of recommended policies, standards, and activities to support the achievement of objectives and activities (e.g., data collection and analysis, inquirer interactions, research studies and reporting).
- Assist in continuing to address its risk management processes and governance within the office through incorporating regular team updates to the risk and mitigation activities.
- Facilitate and develop recommendations to mitigate the impact of identified challenges including processes, standards and engagement channels.
- Create tools and resources to support selected change management activities including but not limited to, stakeholder communications, leadership messaging, reporting, and toolkits.
- Facilitate and coordinate planning activities in support of the strategic plan, including operation activities, stakeholder engagements, and implementation activities.
- Support the government in ad hoc requests that periodically draw upon an ability to perform data analysis using in MS Excel or Tableau.
- Utilize MS SharePoint to maintain documents, present information through dashboards, and provide business analysis functions that facilitate the development of workflows, pages, and lists within SharePoint.
- Completes tasks and deliverables in a timely and accurate manner
- Analyzes, researches, and develops client solutions with team and supports team in implementation and client acceptance process
- Collaborates and communicates effectively with client and team members
- Ensures quality tasks and deliverables are completed on time
- Demonstrates interest and effort in meeting team goals, and contributes to meeting client/team missions
- Able to work on multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Understands client environment and assists Program Manager in addressing client challenges or issues and identifies ways to provide value to the client
- Builds rapport with clients and represent PotomacWave in a positive and professional manner
- Reacts to client needs and direction, and adapts to a changing environment
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year accredited university.
- Three (3) years of applicable experience in consulting, communications, or a related discipline
- Knowledge or interest in emergency management is a plus
- Must be a US Citizen capable of obtaining a Government Clearance
Equal Opportunity Employer/Race/Sex/Religion/Disability/Veteran Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Age.
Job posted: 2021-08-17