Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Communications and Outreach Lead
ICF seeks a Project Manager to serve as a Communications and Outreach Lead to work on a national technical assistance project. The purpose of this project is to provide legal services for Unaccompanied Children post-release from Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) care and custody and to expand the legal community’s skills and capacity to provide immigration legal support. The Communications and Outreach Lead will use his/her expertise to ensure the services are widely promoted to the correct audiences through the development, management and troubleshooting of communication and dissemination strategies.
The successful candidate has broad knowledge of project management and communication/outreach. The Communications and Outreach Lead will work closely with and under the oversight of the Training and Technical Assistance Manager to execute essential communication and outreach strategies. The successful candidate will have an ability to partner with the client and project team leads in the development of communication and messaging strategies and in dissemination and delivery of web content and publications. He/she works with teams to design and develop communication and dissemination plans; and facilitate delivery of timely and high-quality work products.
Communications and Outreach Lead responsibilities include:
- Directly oversee the Communication Specialists, Website Content Developer, Website Develop, and writer/editor and works in full collaboration with the Training and Technical Assistance Team.
- Develop the overarching communications and outreach strategy.
- Ensure that stakeholders including PRS providers, LSPs and UC/sponsors can easily access timely and accurate information about all project activities and readily access available services.
- Manage the dissemination of all outreach materials, training, and other materials created as part of project activities.
- Establish and lead a “shoulder-to-shoulder” working relationship with leadership.
- Develop relationships with other partners providing immigration services.
- Create and manage communication and outreach plans.
- Provide supervisory oversight to the Communications and Outreach team.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for communication and outreach strategies across project.
- Manage communications for the project including oversight of the external communication and messaging plans for each program area and internal messaging for the leadership team.
- Review and approve external facing communication plans.
- Oversee media relations communication in conjunction with senior management and leadership team.
- Review all client facing and public facing communications for accuracy and quality.
- Master’s degree in social work, public administration, communications, public relations, or related field which requires an understanding of written communication. A bachelor’s degree with 5 years’ experience in a similar role can be substituted for the Master’s degree.
- A minimum of 5 years managing projects, tasks, or equivalent of project management such as managing multiple aspects of deliverables, deadlines, and partner relationships
- A minimum of 3 years demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong stakeholder and partner relationships, including balancing multiple perspectives/needs, for capacity building projects.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working with national communication/ dissemination channels or outreach efforts.
- At least 1 year experience developing communication packages, strategies, or plans for an organization or project
- Experience in project management.
- Education and/or experience in the application of race equity, diversity, and inclusion of social justice strategies in human service settings.
- Working knowledge of the refugee, immigrant, and asylee challenges.
- Experience working for a refugee program.
- Solid team builder and team player with proven ability to manage competing priorities, perspectives and stakeholder needs.
- Exceptional project management skills, with a focus on TA project management.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities.
- Ability to deal effectively with rapid change and to prioritize work quickly in response to changing needs.
- Ability to promote and contribute to an equitable and inclusive organizational culture and environment.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated, outstanding level of professionalism in providing administrative support, including ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact and diplomacy.
- Proficient with MS office applications (i.e. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Experience with training, curriculum development, and facilitation.
Working at ICF
ICF is a global advisory and technology services provider, but we’re not your typical consultants. We combine unmatched expertise with cutting-edge technology to help clients solve their most complex challenges, navigate change, and shape the future.
We can only solve the world’s toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range – There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$93,668.00 – $159,236.00
Job posted: 2023-08-29