New Virginia Majority (NVM), Virginia’s leading civic engagement organization, builds power in working-class communities of color across the Commonwealth. We seek conscious and skilled individuals with a deep commitment to racial and economic justice to join our team. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Richmond or Alexandria, VA
• Build and maintain strong relationships with Spanish speaking press and editorial boards across our three key media markets, and win press coverage for the organization
• Help develop story-based narratives to guide our campaign work and messaging
• Help develop content for New Virginia Majority’s materials, including brochures, reports, mailings, and organizing materials, and work with design consultants to produce them
• Translate communications to Spanish for members where appropriate.
Required Experience and Skills
• Minimum 1-3 years work experience in strategic communications
• Familiarity with narrative strategy
• Strong writing skills
• Ability to work under pressure and meet project deadlines
• Understanding of principles of grassroots organizing
• Fluency in Spanish
Preferred Additional Experience
• Experience in online organizing, including email blast strategy, managing online petitions and actions and list-building
• Some Graphic Design Experience and familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
This position is full-time and is based in our Northern Virginia office, with travel to our Richmond office. Salary is $38,000-$42,000 and dependent on experience. New Virginia Majority provides excellent benefits, including health, vision, dental, and stipends for phone and transportation.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a cover letter and resume with contact information for three references to https://www.newvirginiamajority.org/jobs
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, we are not able to respond to applicants whose candidacy is not being pursued. No phone calls please.
New Virginia Majority (NVM), Virginia’s leading civic engagement organization, builds power in working-class communities of color across the Commonwealth. We organize around issues of racial, economic, and environmental justice year-round through mass political education, intensive leadership development, mobilization, and mass voter outreach. We fight for a Virginia that is just, democratic and environmentally sustainable. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Job posted: 2020-07-21