To apply for this position, please send a resume and a cover letter that details your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Who We Are
TIME’S UP emerged from an international moment of reckoning when women, up and down the wage scale and across industries, came together and decided to turn their pain into action. We don’t just want to hold employers accountable when sexual harassment happens —we are also committed to building a world where workplaces are safe, fair, and dignified for all women, across our complex and multi-faceted identities. We are led and guided by a diverse and committed board of directors and community of leaders working to achieve our mission by:
- Preventing sexual harassment, abuse, retaliation, and other forms of discrimination before it starts and protecting workers when it happens;
- Removing barriers so women have a fair shot at success and security;
- Pioneering solutions that create more safe and equitable work conditions; and
- Challenging racist and sexist norms, policies, and practices that deepen existing inequities.
The ambitions of TIME’S UP are realized by TIME’S UP Now, an independent, nonpartisan, and not-for-profit 501(c)(4) charitable organization, and the TIME’S UP Foundation, a 501(c)(3) charitable organization.
Reporting to the Communications Manager, the TIME’S UP’s Communications Associate will work on TIME’S UP’s media relations, external communications, and creative services, and help execute content and messaging strategy as part of our communications team and in service of the entire organization.
- Research and writing: Complete research projects and external communication materials, including talking points, pitch materials, media briefings, and opinion pieces.
- Media relations: Help execute earned media strategies, including managing media requests, monitoring news coverage, updating media lists, and conducting outreach to reporters.
- Creative services: Archiving digital assets, writing captions, confirming incoming asset requests, and assisting with contracts and invoices.
- Administrative tasks: Process administrative forms and other tasks as assigned. Create, organize, and maintain accurate written and electronic files and databases. Provide administrative support to the Vice President of Communications.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Two years of experience working in communications, media, or related fields
- Demonstrated passion and day-to-day interest in intersectional women’s issues, policy, and culture
- Ability to work in a fast-paced campaign environment with unpredictable hours in high-pressure situations
- Proven ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Excellent writing and research skills
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Bachelor’s degree
- Women’s rights advocacy or public relations experience a plus
- Based in Washington, D.C.
- Some travel may be required
- The salary range of $55,000-$65,000 will be considered for a successful candidate that meets the organization’s requirements
Where We Work
- Women-inspired workplace
- Great team with new mission and energy
- Generous benefits package
- Unlimited paid time off
- Work from home options
TIME’S UP is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, please send a resume and a cover letter that details your relevant experience to email@example.com by July 24, 2020. Thank you!
Job posted: 2020-07-21