Communications Associate (Bethesda, MD)
The communications associate will support our team in providing top-notch communications and public relations services to our nonprofit and mission-minded clients. The ideal candidate will have outstanding writing, editing, media and social media skills. We are looking for someone who is highly organized, detail-oriented and passionate about issues such as education, public health, sustainability, poverty and social justice.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Media and advocacy outreach
- Writing press releases and media advisories
- Writing feature stories and content for web sites
- Researching and creating databases and media lists
- Developing social media content, plans, outreach and tracking
- Support event planning and logistics
- Administrative duties
Qualification and Desired Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, marketing or related subject
- One to three years of professional experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Excellent writing skills
- Knowledge of email distribution tools such as Constant Contact or MailChimp
- Experience using media databases
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively on projects
- Strong work ethic and ability to juggle multiple demands and deadlines
- Event planning and logistics a plus
- Experience with nonprofit clients a plus
This position is based in our Bethesda office.
About The Hatcher Group
The Hatcher Group is a full-service communications and marketing firm dedicated to inspiring social change for good. We develop strategies that spur people to action and improve people’s lives.
How to Apply
Please send résumé and cover letter to: email@example.com.
Job posted: 2020-10-23