The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust aspires to improve lives by supporting
exceptional efforts in the U.S. and around the world in health and select place-based initiatives.
Since beginning its active grantmaking in 2008, Helmsley has committed more than $2.5 billion
for a wide range of charitable purposes. For more information on Helmsley, visit
The Communications Associate will have primary responsibility for Helmsley’s website, design
work for digital platforms including digital signage in Helmsley’s New York office, and drive
Helmsley’s social media presence. The Associate will report to the Director of Communications.
The Communications Associate must have digital design skills and expertise with WordPress
and the Adobe Creative Suite.
Digital design for Twitter and digital screens in Helmsley’s lobby space
Primary manager of social media feeds
Track developments/conversations with each program's sector to ensure Helmsley is
appropriately active and represented
Day-to-day oversight of Helmsley's website, including content to showcase our programs
and their impact; news items, Helmsley staff contributions; and other dynamic content
Manage internal photo and video library
Work with senior communications and program staff to identify new concepts for cases
studies, news items and other substantive content and help bring material to life digitally
Oversee all social media and website analytics and generate periodic reports for Trust and
Identify trends and opportunities in the Trust's web and social media performance to
develop new content and build readership/awareness and evaluate expansion into
new/different social media platforms
- Assist in general brand management to help create and disseminate Trust materials according to brand standards, and document internal procedures and guidelines for staff to follow
- Provide general communications and marketing support
Desired Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in design, communications, or related experience
- At least five years of experience in communications/digital design role, preferably in a health or science-related setting (healthcare, university, hospital, pharmaceutical company)
- Public affairs or advertising agency experience a plus
- Experience and facility with WordPress and Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong digital design skills
- Deep knowledge of and experience with social media platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative mind-set
- Ability to work independently and strong project-management skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience working in an office environment
The position is based at Helmsley’s main office in New York City. Please submit cover letter and resume at www.helmsleytrust.org/jobs-helmsley. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the U.S. and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Helmsley does not provide visa sponsorship for employment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required for the position. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job posted: 2020-11-08