Woman-Owned Social Justice Comms Firm Hiring Communications Associate
EMC Communications is hiring a Communications Associate with at least two to three years of experience to help manage media relations and implement strategic communications campaigns for our clients advancing the social good. You will report to the Senior Communications Manager. Your key responsibilities include:
• Writing and pitching press releases, media availabilities, statements, letters to the editor and more
• Directly pitching journalists
• Developing and executing social media content and strategy
• Updating and managing lists of media contacts
• Monitoring media and social media
• Researching and writing talking points
EMC Communications is a woman-owned strategic communications firm, offering integrated public relations, messaging and digital media campaigns focusing on political advocacy and issues advancing the social good, especially gender, racial, economic, and social justice. This position is full-time, remote. Location flexible but Eastern time zone preferred.
• Two to three years or more of experience working in communications
• Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills
• Comfort with tight and shifting deadlines
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work independently essential
• Experience working in advocacy organizations a plus
• Journalism experience a plus but not required
Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience; generous medical, dental and retirement benefits included; paid holidays, paid sick and paid time off. Computer and monthly cell phone and Internet stipend provided.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Job posted: 2021-02-06