ACS is the country’s foremost progressive legal organization. We are lawyers, students, advocates, and voters, working to build a progressive legal movement to defend democracy, justice, equality, and liberty. Our mission is to ensure that the U.S. Constitution and the law are forces for protecting our democratic legitimacy and improving the lives of all people. Together, we guard against the concentration of power and the abuse of law to discriminate and oppress people.
The ACS Communications Associate will perform a wide variety of communication support tasks in collaboration with the ACS’s Department of Network Advancement. The Associate will assist with tasks related to media relations, marketing, zoom facilitation, website data entry, and digital support, including website or email work, and research. This position also will work closely with the Director of Communcations to strengthen communciations support for the ACS’s network of more than 250 lawyer and student chapters.
Evening work is sometimes required for specific events, but weekend work is limited to major conferences once or twice per year.
This position is based on Washington, D.C., but will be remote until September 2021.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· A commitment to work a one-year minimum term.
· A strong commitment to ACS’s mission.
· Self motivation/ability to work independently.
· Ability to manage a number of diverse projects and budget time accordingly.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Familiarity with Microsoft Office required, familiarity with Zoom and Pardot a plus.
· Social media, graphics, HTML, and Salesforce experience are a plus.
· Salary is $45,000.
· Generous health, vision, dental, life insurance.
· Paid holiday, vacation, and sick leave.
HOW TO APPLY
Those wishing to apply should submit a résumé, cover letter, and references (each as a PDF) to Jeran Wiebke, Office Manager & Bookkeeper, at email@example.com.
Please include “ACS Communications Associate Candidate” in the subject line.
ACS values a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. ACS encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.
Job posted: 2021-07-27