Closing date: N/A
Term: Full time
Reports to: Interim Communications Director
Public Agenda, a national nonpartisan not for profit organization based in New York City, works to build a democracy that works for everyone, is more important now than ever to America and its future. We pursue our mission through research and public engagement, with the following goals
- Show a clear picture of the challenges facing American communities, including education, health care, police-community relations, and climate change.
- Help leaders better understand and respond to the public’s views, values and concerns.
- Center the experiences and of those most directly affected by a problem, and ensure that they have a role in forging solutions.
- Work with communications director to develop editorial (organizational blog, newsletter) and social media content (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Work with the director to implement promotional plans for research reports, including drafting press releases and researching media contacts
- Promote and provide promotional support for events, workshops and speaking events
- Manage day-to-day website edits and updates, work with web developer on web projects
- Manage day-to-day social media posting
- Administrative support for Comms. functions, such as meeting scheduling and preparation
The Communications Associate is an essential part of a small team that reports to the Communications Director. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, organized, creative, and possesses a professional work ethic and an enthusiasm for problem-solving. The position is a mix of day-to-day tasks and content creation.
This position is full-time and currently remote, candidates should be available to work Eastern Time Zone business hours.
- Essential tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years of experience in communications
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, and to manage time effectively in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Experience with wordpress or similar website back end platform
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Apps (Google Docs and Google Sheets)
- Ability to manage social media accounts and web tools, including constant contact, youtube, twitter, facebook, Monday.com, and others as needed.
- Experience in government, nonprofit, and/or public affairs work
- Interest in the issue areas of Public Agenda including health, higher education, K-12 education, democracy and civic engagement
To apply, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Our organization is committed to equal employment opportunity and diversity in the workplace. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis [“protected class”] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
Job posted: 2021-09-12