The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget is a nonpartisan, non-profit organization committed to educating the public on issues with significant fiscal policy impact. Our bipartisan leadership comprises some of the nation’s leading budget experts, including many past heads of the House and Senate Budget Committees, the Congressional Budget Office, the Office of Management and Budget, and the Government Accountability Office.
The Communications Associate position will support the Director of Media Relations and the policy team in a variety of roles, including research, writing and editing, monitoring the media landscape, and social media. This is not your typical press job. Candidates must possess an eagerness to take on new projects and turn them around quickly, an attention to detail, and a keen understanding of both traditional and non-traditional media. We are a high-profile organization, and our work is featured regularly in print and on television and is seen by our nation’s top leaders.
- Draft media briefs, op-eds and other traditional press materials
- Review the media every day for relevant articles about the Committee and its issues; circulate an overview to the Committee president and staff
- Develop content across owned and earned social channels, including blog posts, tweets, status updates, photos and videos
- Monitor and track all media mentions and relevant news stories
- Support other various communications and organization projects as needed
- BA or BS in communications, English, or journalism
- Strong writing and editing skills with an attention to detail
- Real-world experience in planning, managing, and executing social media initiatives
- Experience with and interest in video production and editing
- Knowledge of programs such as InDesign, Photoshop, etc.
- Interest in fiscal policy, budgetary, and economic issues
- A great attitude, with an ability to multitask in a fast-paced communications environment
The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget is committed to fostering an equitable, diverse and inclusive working environment. The Committee is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status and other such factors in accordance with US state and federal laws.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter detailing your interest in the position, resume, two writing samples no longer than two pages, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying, please write “Communications Associate” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Job posted: 2021-09-14