Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Carnegie Council for Ethics in International Affairs is an independent, research-driven nonprofit that works to empower ethics by identifying and addressing the most critical ethical issues of today and tomorrow. The Council is seeking a dynamic Communications Associate to support and promote the work of its experts and Impact Initiatives in the areas of artificial intelligence, climate change, migration and refugees, and foreign policy.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Communications Associate will play an integral role on the Council’s communication team by collaborating with team members on projects across digital communications and social media, editorial, events, and multimedia. The successful candidate will have an interest in international affairs and be thoughtful, highly motivated, energetic, collaborative, and congenial, with well-developed communication and organizational skills.
This position includes independent work on Impact Initiatives, creating newsletters and social media content, providing virtual and in-person event support, conducting research projects, and administrative work in support of daily operations in the Communications Department. The position is based in New York with an expectation to work in the office three days per week.
- Work directly with the Digital Communications Manager to develop timely and compelling content, social media posts, and graphics for the Council’s digital communications channels.
- Regularly monitor and support community management of the Council’s digital communications channels, including LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Work directly with the Digital Content Producer & Editorial Manager to update the Council’s website, edit expert content, and develop the organization’s annual report.
- Assist with planning and coordinating arrangements for on- and off-site meetings and virtual and in-person events.
- Support media relations activities such as media list creation, op-ed development, and reporter outreach.
- Undertake general office work, such as electronic filing, maintaining program records, preparing correspondence, responding to requests for information, etc.
- Attend and report on meetings of the communications team.
- Other duties as needed or required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in journalism, media, communications, public relations, international relations, political science, or other related field preferred.
- 2-4 years of relevant professional experience in communications (public relations, marketing, internal communications, etc.).
- Detail-oriented candidate with outstanding organizational skills, and the ability to work independently and on a team, and to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A high degree of competency in the MS Office suite.
- Experience with Google Analytics, HubSpot, or other CRM platform, and Meltwater or other social listening and media monitoring platform.
- Ideal candidate will have an interest in graphic design and some experience, specifically with use of Adobe Creative Cloud, and Canva.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to Melissa Semeniuk at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “Communications Associate”
Job posted: 2022-05-07