Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
As the leading global association of mutual funds, ETFs, and other regulated funds, the Investment Company Institute encourages adherence to high ethical standards, promotes public understanding, and works to advance the interests of funds, their shareholders, directors, and advisers.
As a member of the Strategic Communications department reporting to the Senior Director, Public Affairs, the Communications Associate provides media relations support in the Strategic Communications Department.
Essential functions of this role include:
- Fields and coordinates daily media requests, particularly data inquiries and requests for interviews with ICI subject matter experts.
- Serves as lead for media data inquiries, working closely with the senior director for public affairs and the research department.
- Leads writing & distributing of news releases.
- Highlights relevant news for clips or further action from wider team.
- Condenses and effectively conveys messages to the media, both proactively and reactively.
- Primary responsibility for continuous monitoring of industry media coverage to identify new contacts and trends with a focus on keeping media contact database updated.
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with trade press.
- Attends or monitors news conferences and hearings as appropriate to report on any ICI-related information to staff.
- Drafts blog entries and talking points.
- Works with issue experts to develop media-friendly materials.
- Assists in implementing media relations strategies advancing Institute policy goals.
- Works constructively with other Institute departments in the furtherance of ICI policy objectives.
If you have the following credentials, we encourage you to apply:
- Bachelor’s degree and three or more years related experience, preferably in a communications, public relations or journalism environment, or an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including spelling and grammar.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize assignments.
- Familiarity with major financial services issues.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; database and MS Project experience useful.
- Ability to work well with press and colleagues in other departments.
- Good working relationship with financial services media.
ICI offers competitive pay, excellent benefits to include a comprehensive medical plan, generous 401(k) retirement savings plan, paid leave, commuting subsidies, and tuition reimbursement as well as training and development opportunities. Based in Washington, DC, ICI is conveniently located next to McPherson Square Metro station.
To be considered for the position, please provide your cover letter and resume. Learn more here
ICI is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Job posted: 2022-06-14