Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Reporting to and working closely with the Communications Manager, the Communications Associate will be responsible for assisting and executing strategies outlined in Mamatoto Village’s annual communications plan to increase brand awareness, increase audience and stakeholder engagement, and enhance reach.
The ideal candidate has a clear grasp of the core components of marketing and strategic communication, with particularly strong experience in copywriting, branding, social media, producing print and electronic collateral (including newsletters, brochures, annual reports, direct mail, etc.), storytelling, and project management.
ATTRIBUTES OF COMPETITIVE CANDIDATES
To be maximally successful in this role, you need to be:
- A dynamic and poised professional who will represent Mamatoto Village’s work with enthusiasm and authenticity
- Someone who values diversity and is amenable to working alongside allies to promote social and reproductive justice
- A strong writer with experience creating compelling content
- A natural people person who appreciates that everyone has an important story to tell
- Highly attentive to details and quality
- A creative thinker willing to test out new ideas
- A strong self-motivator
- An exceptional communicator and networker
- Experienced working on a community-based level and knowledgeable about maternal health issues
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Other duties may need to be assigned to meet organizational needs.
Assisting with Communications and Marketing Strategy
- Contribute positively to organizational culture and reflect Mamatoto Village’s values.
- Actively engage with Mamatoto Village staff and clients to truly understand Mamatoto Village’s mission and vision and gather stories for development communications.
- Assist with developing strong and consistent branding and messaging for Mamatoto Village.
- Collaborate with team members to present creative and mission-centric messaging articulating the special role Mamatoto Village plays in serving Black mothers. birthing people and families.
Assist with External Organizational Communications
- Assist with the creation, development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, annual reports, e-newsletters, Mamatoto Village website, and social media accounts.
- Utilize Google Analytics, paid advertising, and digital strategy to expand virtual reach.
- Work with Mamatoto Village team members to collect, organize, and share compelling stories from Mamatoto Village’s clients and staff.
- Collaborate with the Communications Manager and Development team to craft and execute a multi-channel content strategy and campaigns for fundraising.
Advocacy and Operations
- Support and promote Mamatoto Village’s advocacy efforts through established communications.
- Track engagement metrics to determine the success of Mamatoto Village’s communications efforts.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS TO FOSTER SUCCESS
- A Bachelor’s degree and/or 2 years of communications experience; public relations experience is a plus.
- Must be local to the DC Metro area
- Demonstrable experience and success as a marketing generalist, with hands-on practice in branding, messaging, website, social media, producing print and electronic collateral (including newsletters, brochures, annual reports, e-newsletters, direct mail, etc.), and storytelling.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with e-marketing platforms such as MailChimp, Constant Contact, Mailerlite, and/or Magnet Mail.
- Experience working with online platforms such as Canva, Google products, WordPress, social media platforms, and other platforms that enable and enhance digital presence.
- A documented history of successfully assisting projects to completion.
- Enthusiasm to propose fresh ideas without prompting by leadership, openness to feedback on those ideas, and persistence to bring those ideas to life.
- A passion for doing transformative work with exceptional people while not taking yourself too seriously
- A “teamwork” mindset and the ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-08-05