Communications Associate Manager
Summary of Job Scope and Expectations:
The Communications Associate Manager develops and implements Panda’s communications strategies and activities, focusing on external communications as well as supporting internal communications (60% external Public Relations; 40% internal and corporate communications). This position manages day-to-day execution of communication plans in partnership with Marketing and other departments to elevate the brand and promote company’s mission, vision, and values both externally and internally. The Communications Associate Manager also serves as project manager for special communications projects.
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job’s duties and responsibilities. Reliable and dependable attendance is required.
- Manages external PR agency to develop and implement Panda’s communications and influencer strategies and activities for new dishes, regional store activities/openings, corporate events.
- Supports supervisor and leadership on creation of company’s internal communications program and implementation across headquarters and in store associates.
- Prepares (writes and edits) internal and external content to support promotions for the Marketing Department as well as other communications for cross-functional partners.
- Works with Marketing and other departments to elevate their message. May pitch stories to journals for various departments and assist them with external messaging related to speeches, videos, or other media to maintain their profile in the industry.
- Seek out and manages relationships with community organizations, philanthropic organizations to align brand with partners with shared goals and values.
- Serves as project manager for special communications project and assists manager in crisis situations (past experience preferred).
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, or Public/Government Relations
- Minimum five years of experience in communications, marketing, or public relations representing an organization in the community, preferably in a retail/hospitality environment
- Successful completion of annual store training
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to demonstrate and teach Panda’s Mission, Values, and Culture
- Strong knowledge of associate, community, and social relations
- Strong knowledge of the media and journalism process and procedures
- Strong knowledge of industry trends
- Strong knowledge of the company
- Understanding of the company culture
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong financial and project management skills
- Computer/technology skills and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Social Media Platforms, and Internet Research
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, and listening skills
- Team building skills
- Leadership skills
- Strong editorial skills
- Ability to represent the company to the media and public
- Ability to present to large groups within and outside the company
- Ability to engage others in company initiatives and facilitate process
- Ability to build consensus and resolve conflicts
- Ability to effectively influence and negotiate with vendors
- Ability to confront difficult situations
- Ability to solve complex problems independently
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Ability to work positively with Operations and other departments (“win/win”)
- Ability to embrace change and continuous learning
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-20