About the role:
As a company founded by service-disabled Veterans, we at DFC are driven by a duty to serve our clients, our employees, and our community. We are committed to helping organizations achieve their goals by cultivating a team of talented professionals that delivers exceptional service, creative insights, and high-quality results.
DFC is seeking a Communications Consultant to join an operations support contract in the federal government. This individual will support a large process improvement project and work in communications to support a nationwide initiative. This position will support communications creation and delivery. Additionally, this position entails development and delivery of communications documentation, artifacts, analysis, and recommendations.
What the role requires:
- Work with clients to draft written materials, prepare presentations and briefings.
- Develop internal communications: memos, newsletters, MOUs, press releases.
- Assist with social media and website development.
- Establish and manage relationships in order to advise and support clients in determining the best communications and change management strategies and approaches to achieve short- and long-term goals.
- Leverage superior writing abilities, attention to detail, research skills and solid oral communication skills to develop and finalize accurate, quality deliverables in a timely manner.
- Support meeting preparation and documentation.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously without impacting quality, delivery, or timelines
- Ensure flawless project execution.
- Bachelor’s degree required preferably in communications or related field.
What you need to be successful:
- 0-2 years professional working experience.
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with teams.
- Strong Attention to detail.
- Experience with social media and website development.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent experience with MS PowerPoint, MS Word, and MS Outlook; familiarity with MS Excel, MS Project, and SharePoint.
Other important information:
- HUD (U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development) experience is preferred but not required.
- Applicants must have the legal right to work in the US for any employer; sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Preference will be given to qualified Veteran candidates.
*Duty First Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment may request such accommodation(s).
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-25