Communications and Content Advisor
As the Communications and Content Advisor, a typical day might include…
- Assisting in the development of in-depth, original-source research, qualitative, and quantitative analysis, in coordination with the Third Way Politics team and outside consultants, to better understand and explain the importance and political, economic, and policy impact of federal action on climate change;
- Analyzing external public opinion research and, in coordination with colleagues from the Climate and Politics teams, and external consultants, draft public opinion research surveys for Third Way Climate Program;
- Drafting original high-impact content that conveys the Climate Program’s messaging and political perspective on the national climate and cleans energy debate, and editing original reports, memos, and op-eds by Climate Program colleagues to ensure they fully incorporate our messaging to make the case for our climate and clean energy agenda; and,
- Working with other members of Third Way’s climate and energy, communications, and outreach teams to provide content, digital and administrative support for public and virtual events.
**Please note all duties and events will be completed virtually until Third Way reopens its office which is scheduled for Tuesday, September 7, 2021, at which point this position will be located in Washington, D.C.
This might be the job for you, if you…
- Have an undergraduate or graduate degree in Communications or a related field
- Have at least a year of experience in communications and/or public opinion research or relevant field
- Want to contribute towards Third Way’s mission.
- Take pride in and ownership of in your work.
- Are curious and eager for professional development.
- Think on your feet and adapt to changes effortlessly.
- Communicate clearly and effectively in writing and verbally.
- Are motivated and driven by your passion for opportunity, freedom, and security.
- Want to make a difference and an imprint as Third Way’s newest Communications and Content Advisor.
In the Third Way Culture, we are looking for…
- Self-starters: People who see and seize opportunities, take risks, learn from failure, and will bring a sustained passion for our mission.
- Collaborators: People who work in teams—sharing ideas, brainstorming, co-authoring products, and advancing its shared priorities.
- Creators: People who foster divergent thinking; that aren’t afraid to take on the orthodoxies of the left or the right. Team members come up with original insights, find unique ways to look at data, and challenge their preconceptions.
- Results-oriented: People who function with an organizational commitment to clear objectives, ambitious timelines, accountability for results, and a focus on impact.
- Respectful: People who embrace the diverse perspectives of everyone and fosters the values of diversity, equity, and inclusiveness at all times.
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU’LL…
- Participate in Third Way’s comprehensive onboarding program. You’ll learn about all aspects of Business Operations, which includes benefits, IT, finance, and office operations.
- Meet your Third Way Buddy, be introduced to the entire staff, and start to learn the TW’s culture.
- Learn our current processes for payroll, compliance, and labor tracking, and how you will partner with Finance and the rest of the Business Operations team on these processes.
- Participate in weekly one-on-ones with your manager to ensure you fully understand the expectations of the job.
- Share coffee with members of your team to understand their individual portfolios and how your work might intersect with theirs.
- Attend your departmental weekly meetings. You’ll learn about the key goals of your program, how they’re doing, what challenges they face, and how you will contribute.
WITHIN 2 MONTHS, YOU’LL…
- Gain an understanding of each employee’s role and their contribution to the organization.
- Incorporate TW’s Style Guide and Production process into your work products.
- Participate in, at least, one of our internal Professional Development trainings or a Center for Fun activity.
- Learn and experience TW’s commitment to diversity, inclusion, and respect in the workplace.
- Work with your supervisor on implementing the public opinion research strategic plan.
- Help edit memos, reports, and other materials and ensuring that team members are adhering to our approved message guidelines.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU’LL…
- Feel a sense of comfort and familiarity with the staff, your team, and your work.
- Continue to attend weekly departmental meetings with a stronger understanding of your team’s strategic goal.
- Bring new ideas and suggestions to your weekly one-on-ones with your manager.
- Attend and participate in external functions with other members of your team.
- Complete your 90-day self-evaluation and performance review with your manager.
- Partner with your manager to establish your long-term goals for the remainder of the year.
Job posted: 2021-07-12