Communications and Content Manager
Communications and Content Development Manager. This individual is a critical member of the Marketing team, focused on sourcing and developing content, maintaining alignment with the Commercial, Product, Tech/Automation and Science (CSO) teams, and delivering strong, consistent business narratives across channels. This role reports into the Director of Communications and supports strategic work across the Marketing organization.
Develop, manage, and deliver internal and external-facing communications materials in support of critical business goals. Includes:
- Source, write and publish unique stories and/or papers from across the business on internal and external channels – (an internal journalist)
- Serve as a liaison between Marketing/ Communications, Commercial, Science and Tech/Automation teams to:
- facilitate/coordinate the drafting, review, and publishing of blogs, articles, papers and other thought leadership assets in alignment with key product initiatives and innovation work
- index and monitor the development of longer-form/ peer-reviewed papers through publication as source material for broader business storytelling activities
- develop and maintain database of key internal subject matter experts/ spokespeople, fact sheets, and overview documentation/slides
- Create quarterly ‘science & technology’ internal newsletter with updates of publications, speaking engagements, RFPs and ‘customer’ or research wins
- Coordinate with external writers and PR/marketing agencies for support of content development, publication, amplification and monitoring
- Partner with HR and leadership to identify internal employee and innovation stories, and develop a narrative framework and monthly cadence to highlight those stories
- Provide executive communications support for internal activities and messages, driving consistency and clarity across teams
- Partner with Marketing Manager to develop aligned content for central ‘editorial calendar’
Desired Capabilities: Ideal candidate is a curious, energetic, optimistic, and creative professional with experience in communications, journalism, or marketing and a particular focus on the development and publication of technology and science-oriented content. Candidate should be able to quickly understand and distill complex topics and create simple, accessible, relevant content for audiences across the investor/business, science (bio, chem, genetics, materials) and technology spaces. Working knowledge of digital and social media tools (WordPress, LI, and Twitter), as well as familiarity with research and publication, practices a plus.
Qualifications and Experience: Bachelor’s or Masters in communications, marketing, journalism or similar; 5+ years related experience (technology and science space preferred). Must be confident and comfortable engaging with a wide variety of executives, senior researchers, PhDs, and other subject matter experts as well as external agencies and writers.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Founded in 2013 and based in the San Francisco Bay Area, Zymergen is a technology company unlocking the power of biology. We deliver better economics for products made from biology that are used across industries, bring new products to market faster, and develop novel products. Our proprietary platform uses robots and machine learning to engineer microbes faster, more predictably, and to a level of performance previously unattainable. These microbes, and the products they produce, have broad applications across industries such as chemicals and materials, agriculture, and healthcare. For more information visit www.zymergen.com.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-01