Communications Content Writer
About the National Service Office
The National Service Office is the central operational engine for two evidence-based programs: Nurse-Family Partnership and Child First. In 2020, what was formally the National Service Office solely for Nurse-Family Partnership united with Child First, a merger empowering two proven models to share complementary expertise, infrastructure and integrated services. The resulting unified entity works to ensure that healthcare, early childhood development, and the mental wellness of the entire family are served in proven ways to achieve tong-term positive outcomes.
The primary purpose of the Communications Content Writer is to contribute creative thinking and writing skills to a wide range of marketing and communications functions, including public and internal websites, marketing collateral, quarterly e-magazine and internal and external communications. This position supports both the Nurse-Family Partnership and Child First programs.
This position is based at our national headquarters in Denver, Colorado or elsewhere in the country as agreed upon.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with and support colleagues cross-functionally to ensure effective integration of marketing and communication efforts.
- Create content for internal and external communications and marketing channels.
- Provide support to Marketing & Communications colleagues in a wide range of areas, including collateral development, internal and external communications and website.
- Create content for quarterly e-newsletter and monthly network email communications.
- Collaborate with the Director, Marketing & Communications to develop and implement a range of communication plans.
- Join the Marketing & Communications team as guardians of the brand, ensuring compliance by colleagues and partners.
- Respond to special requests from the networks, including support for special events and community outreach.
- Interact professionally with a diverse group of subject matter experts and colleagues at all levels.
- Strive to increase individual, team, department and organizational capacity to work with and serve a variety of people and groups.
- Foster an inclusive work environment, build cultural awareness, and maximize the benefits of a diverse workforce.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Marketing or Communications required
- 2-5 years of experience and demonstrated success in marketing communications, and/or writing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, timeliness, and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects, and prioritize appropriately
- Confidence to work independently and manage certain tasks with minimal supervision
This position reports to the Director, Marketing and Communications and has no direct reports.
- Salary is determined based on experience and skill set. Geographical adjustments will be considered.
- Range: $50,000 – $51,622/year
The National Service Office offers the following benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Group Term Life Insurance, Short-term and long-term disability, vacation time, personal time, sick time and 9 paid holidays.
Core Organizational Values
- Be tenacious caregivers by bringing passion and excellence to our nursing practice and professional services
- Actively listen to and persistently serve our families and our implementation network
- Provide leadership in the field of evidence-based and home visitation programs
- Seek and find solutions
- Innovate and stay relevant
- Translate and enhance the science of pregnancy, brain, and early childhood development to serve vulnerable babies and families
- Promote health equity and eliminate disparities to improve outcomes for the moms and
babies we serve now and beyond.
- Respect and honor differences in race, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and veteran status
- Be respectful, collaborative and tenacious in all our interactions with each other and on behalf of our families and implementation network
- Do more with less
Learn more about this position here
To learn more about the program and the national office, please visit www.nursefamilypartnership.org.
Job posted: 2021-08-28