Global Financial Integrity (GFI) is a Washington, DC-based global development think tank specializing in research, advocacy and advisory services related to illicit financial flows. GFI is a global leader in advocating for transparency in the international financial system as a way to facilitate global economic development and reduce illicit financial flows, money laundering, tax evasion, and corruption. GFI seeks a Communications Coordinator to help our growing organization promote its work and effectively engage with key target audiences including journalists, policymakers, organizational partners, analysts, academics, and segments of the general public.
Qualifications for the position include:
- A degree in communications or a related field such as international relations or public policy;
- Two to four years of experience in communications;
- Demonstrated ability to organize and present content to promote readership/viewership;
- Knowledge of illicit financial flows, money laundering, transnational crime, tax evasion, corruption or a willingness to become an expert in these areas;
- Experience working in nonprofit communications;
- A basic understanding of international trade, development and economics desired;
- Demonstrated strong writing, communication, and organizational skills;
- Goal setting and time management skills; attention to detail and deadlines are paramount;
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve;
- Experience with HTML and CSS coding preferred;
- Experience with WordPress, Hootsuite, Cision, Hubspot and/or other media platforms;
- Experience in using graphic design tools, such as Adobe InDesign and Illustrator is desirable;
- Outgoing personality with a desire to join a collaborative team;
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Leading in the design and implementation of a communications strategy to reach large audiences;
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with journalists and other media partners;
- Leading communications work on US and international advocacy projects
- Monitoring media and tracking impact activities;
- Compiling and assessing website, email and social media analytics;
- Maintaining the website with a keen eye for design to promote GFI reports, projects, and research;
- Leveraging social media tools (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and LinkedIn) to achieve organizational goals, including daily tweeting, posting, etc. to promote GFI work as well as issue areas;
- Drafting blogs, press releases, op-eds, articles, etc.;
- Managing the editorial process, including shepherding reports/publications through the editing, layout and publication stages;
- Coordinating and facilitating webinars on a variety of topics;
- Copyediting reports, blogs, and articles written by colleagues;
- Writing and producing email content, including webinar notices, newsletters and a weekly Natural Resource Crime Brief.
$60,000 per year. Benefits include paid health, dental and vision, as well as life and disability insurance for the employee. They also include a 403(b) retirement plan with up to 5% employer match after 2 years of service, generous vacation and sick time, most federal holidays and paid office closure from December 25-January 1 each year.
How to Apply
To apply, please provide:
- Cover letter
- Three professional references including reference name, firm name, reference email and working relationship to reference (ex. supervisor).
Email these to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Communications Coordinator” in the subject line. To be considered for the position, you must include all three bullet items above. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis; applicants are strongly encouraged to apply early. No phone calls please.
Job posted: 2020-08-18