Motif FoodWorks is a food-technology company working to make plant-based foods better tasting, more nutritious and so desirable that people actually crave them. The company’s mission is to unleash the promise of plant-based foods by taking a new, holistic approach to ingredient development that combines science and technology — merged with sensory fundamentals — to reveal totally new answers. By radically changing our understanding of plant-based food, Motif will enable crave-worthy products that exceed taste and experience expectations, unlocking benefits for everyone and our planet.
About the role
Ready to be part of something really big? The Communications Coordinator role at Motif will have an impact on how the company positions itself with key audiences, from customers to the media, influencers and more. We’re looking for a dynamic communicator to support our communications and marketing initiatives. The role will report into the Sr. Director of Marketing Communications. So if you’re creative, a great writer and a self-starter who is passionate about plant-based foods and sustainability, this is the place for you.
- Partner with agencies on media and social media initiatives. This includes securing opportunities in trade, local media and other outlets, and ensuring continued engagement with our social channels.
- Assist with the development and execution of branding programs and events to establish Motif as the premier food technology company.
- Manage the new Motif web site, including product pages and blogs.
- Content development, including written, video and interactive.
- Support executive and employee communications.
- 3+ years of experience in communications, public affairs, journalism and/or related fields.
- Expertise in media relations and social media management. Branding and web site management experience a plus, but not required.
- Content development experience across a variety of mediums.
- Bachelor’s degree, with communications, marketing, journalism or similar focus.
- High-performing individual who can thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Self-starter with strong project management capabilities. Ability to take a project and creatively run with it – from concept to completion.
- Strong communicator and writer, who can organize and communicate complex scientific ideas quickly, clearly and accurately. You understand nuances and can write your way out of a dark alley.
- Relationship builder with a demonstrated ability to listen and respond to a wide variety of constituencies – from scientists to partners, reporters, industry organizations and other key stakeholders.
- Adaptable (because we’re a startup).
- Sense of humor and humble. We’re passionate about what we do but are also able to roll with the punches and laugh at ourselves. You should, too.
Job posted: 2021-03-10