About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers’ doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We’re constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is looking for a Communications Coordinator to join our Brand team. The Brand team’s mission is to bring our mission—to take care of food, so food can take care of you—to life. We build equity and consistency for the brand, create community and advocacy, and enrich the customer experience across every single customer touchpoint and channel.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented Communications Coordinator who will help tell Daily Harvest’s story through quality earned media placements. This candidate must be a hustler who is excited to protect, promote and enhance the brand’s reputation through earned media, influencers, and internal communications.
This role will assist the Communications Director with a meticulous attention to detail, efficiency and passion for our mission. Ideal candidates will have had hands-on experience at a PR agency (internship and/or full-time).
What you’ll do:
- Facilitating consistent, quality media placements around launches, campaigns, brand news, partnerships, evergreen storytelling opportunities and cultural moments to generate a steady drumbeat of earned press coverage
- Tracking, clipping and reporting press coverage
- Building media lists and researching relevant outlets, reporters, and influencers – always staying on the pulse of new/interesting opportunities for Daily Harvest
- Writing press materials, crafting pitches and brainstorming creative storytelling ideas
- Developing and maintaining a network of media contacts, proactively attending (virtual) networking events or grabbing (socially distanced) coffee/drinks with new and existing contacts
- Facilitating media opportunities including: interview requests, briefing materials, media sampling, mailers, etc.
- Assisting with marketing + PR events including; logistics, coordination and staffing
- Performing other administrative duties as necessary
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of public relations and/or communications experience in either the lifestyle, food, health + wellness, or business space
- Excellent organizational skills and a meticulous attention to detail
- Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks, prioritize your to-do list, be resourceful and complete responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt to changing situations
- Outstanding oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Unlimited Daily Harvest in the office to keep you hustling, not hangry + cold brew (…always stocked)
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401K + equity participation
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Gym membership + Citi Bike discounts
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- Annual company retreat
- Quarterly team outings, weekly onsite happy hours, + regular DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Book club + running club
- Showers for post-morning or mid-workday workouts
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment + dog friendly!!
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn’t be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-20