The Communications Coordinator is a human-centric problem solver with the ability to work across teams and deliver prompt messaging to specific audiences through a variety of platforms. As a member of the Community Development team, this position supports both PMD Alliance’s marketing/communications plan and the donor stewardship plan by performing a wide range of specialized administrative duties. The Communications Coordinator is a crucial member of the organization and the hub of our mass communication efforts; their daily work ensures that our community knows about our busy program schedule and that our donors are thanked for their gifts.
PMD Alliance is a fast-paced organization committed to continual learning, growth and development. We strive to fulfill unmet needs by delivering services in cost-effective, efficient, and meaningful ways. Although a non-profit, we are also a business that must balance competing needs to ensure we do the greatest good for the largest number of people in a transformational manner. This culture and organizational model require each team member to be both nimble and highly focused, both as an individual contributor and integrated team member.
All members of the PMD Alliance team commit to and embrace a set of beliefs. These beliefs are intentionally placed above the specific duties as PMD Alliance considers consistency in living these values and beliefs a core part of each board and staff member’s role:
People are more than their disease.
- – Programs will be life-giving and engaging, not simply informative.
- – Human connection is a fundamental need; we pay equal attention to living well and learning.
Transparency is a cornerstone of trust.
- – Stakeholder engagement rises from shared and open communication.
- – Information is power. We do not withhold information from the people we serve.
Partnership offers collective success.
- – We support existing services in the community; we do not duplicate.
- – Each partner has a unique role to play; we seek to amplify our partners’ contributions.
Sustainability is the essence of organizational health.
- – Financial health is a shared responsibility.
- – Partners will remain informed and be as invested in PMD Alliance’s sustainability as we are.
- Stretching and risk-taking are imperatives.
- – Creation of cutting edge, innovative low cost/high impact service is essential.
- Programs must exhilarate the mind, warm the heart, and awaken the body.
- Risking failure is an essential part of learning and growth.
- Support communication projects from start to finish, as a means to grow audience engagement and ultimately greater participation across our varied communities
- Work in collaboration with Community Development teammates to ensure timely, accurate and compelling messages are deployed to appropriate audiences
- Support lead generation across the Community Development team including program participants, donors, partner organizations and others as needed
Donor Stewardship Responsibilities:
- Enter donations, invoices and other revenue into database, working in collaboration with the Director, Business Operations to resolve any gift processing questions
- Support PMD Alliance donor stewardship by ensuring acknowledgement letters are mailed within 2 business days
- Perform ongoing data entry and cleanup in Salesforce database, to ensure accurate and up-to-date information system-wide
- Coordinate the tracking of assigned tasks for Community Development team members
- Prepare weekly and monthly fundraising reports on fundraising goals
- Prepare fundraising, donation and constituent reports for Community Development team as requested
- Prepare mailing lists for solicitations, event invitations, annual reports, newsletters, and miscellaneous projects
- Conduct prospect research as needed
- Prepare Click and Pledge deposit and Facebook fundraising reports for Director, Business Operations
- Monitor Community Development team projects in Asana
- Serve as a member of event fundraising and/or peer giving committees
Email Communications Responsibilities:
- Oversee daily mass email operations to ensure that emails are completed and deployed on time and without error
- Meet with team leads to understand deliverables and desired outcomes for email campaigns
- Collaborate with team leads to maintain email communications calendar using Asana
- Manage Campaign Monitor email subscriber lists and segments to keep information current
- Support PMD Alliance email strategy through the layout and population of email content, as well as the timely scheduling and sending of emails
- Work with UX & Incubator team to proactively track, monitor, analyze, and report on campaign performance
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Communications, Development, Administration or related field
- 3 years’ experience in a community based nonprofit setting; fundraising and donor support preferred
- Experience using Salesforce CRM database
- Knowledge of team collaboration and project management software (preferably Asana) and email management software (preferably Campaign Monitor)
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with an ability to become familiar with organization-specific programs and software
- Strong problem-solving skills, with an ability to redirect issues and concern
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with high emotional intelligence
- Exceptional attention to detail, ability to track large amounts of data in an organized efficient manner
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, nimble, deadline-oriented environment.
- Self-starter and quick learner with an eagerness to consistently meet or exceed objectives.
- Ability to multitask; comfortable in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated track record of being a strong team player
- Close proximity to a US post office
- Able to office at home; comfortable with telecommunication/teleconferencing
- Able to lift 40 lbs safely
- Resident of AZ, CA, NM, WA, TN, MD, ME, NY, NV, or FL
- Able to travel; 5% overnight travel
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter, along with the title of the position in the email subject line to PMD Alliance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job posted: 2021-07-27