The Communications Coordinator is responsible for all communications and marketing activities, including print and electronic communications, event marketing, website maintenance and social media management. This position engages all external audiences by developing and executing effective communications strategies in conjunction with the Communications & Development Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute the marketing and communications plan and assist in developing annual strategies.
- Assist Director of Communications and Development in crafting annual Case for Support document including updating statistics and drafting new language to illustrate the needs of ConTextos to external audiences.
- Create content and manage ConTextos presence on social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter; track performance using analytic tools.
- Produce ConTextos’ print and electronic newsletters and the annual report, including identifying topics, interviewing subjects, writing content and securing images and photos; manage publication and mailing process with vendors.
- Draft and/or help to distribute appeal letters for mailed and email appeals.
- Develop and expand library of participant stories.
- Manage the organization’s website in WordPress and make revisions and updates on an ongoing basis.
- Manage the relationship with web developer for troubleshooting and billing issues.
Branding and Design
- Maintain ConTextos brand by creating professional and consistent marketing collateral for the organization, specific programs, and special events.
- Manage vendors and consultants on projects to design and produce branded collateral.
- Expand and maintain a photo library for use in diverse communications.
Marketing and Events
- Develop marketing calendars for ConTextos special events and programs.
- Execute marketing and promotion strategies to drive attendance and awareness of ConTextos special events and programs.
- Create and manage program-specific communication
- Utilize online event and giving platforms to create virtual events and fundraising campaigns, including creating design elements and updating sites, collaborating on live and recorded event components and working with product vendors for troubleshooting and best practices.
- Monitor ConTextos general info email and respond to inquiries appropriately.
- Participate in staff development opportunities and regular staff meetings.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance during standard business hours, with willingness to work flexible hours as required by the position’s responsibilities.
- Performs other duties assigned and must be able to attend all development-related events
Education: Bachelor’s degree required in communications, journalism, marketing, public relations or comparable field
- (Preferred) Minimum of three years of professional marketing or communications experience required, nonprofit experience a plus.
- Experience writing for publication and/or copyediting.
- Experience managing cross-channel marketing and communication strategies including, but not limited to, print and electronic newsletters, direct mail, advertising, live streaming, video recording and social media.
- Experience with website design and maintenance, WordPress a plus.
Special Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills a must. Writing samples will be required prior to/at the interview.
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to self-edit.
- Excellent project management skills required with the ability to prioritize and complete numerous projects in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Must work well both independently and as part of a team in a shared office.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint required.
- Has experience working with design programs like InDesign and Canva.
- Working knowledge of donor management program (i.e. Raisers Edge, Little Green Light) a plus
- A passion for the mission and communities served at ConTextos
How to Apply
Please apply with a resume and cover letter at our Career Portal.
Job posted: 2021-07-27