Dolores Huerta Foundation Background
Established in 2003, the DHF’s mission is to inspire and organize communities to establish volunteer organizations empowered to pursue social justice.
Communications Coordinator (Full-time)
The Dolores Huerta Foundation is looking for an energetic and proactive Communications Coordinator for our Bakersfield, CA Location. Your role work as the Communications Coordinator will write press releases, maintain relationships with press outlets while supporting the goals and values of the Dolores Huerta Foundation.
COVID-19 considerations: Currently, all DHF staff are working remotely.
- Bachelor Degree in Writing, English, Communication’s or related field
- Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate
- 2+ Years’ experience in the Communications Sector
- Use digital illustration, photo editing software, and layout software to create designs, visual elements such as logos a plus
- Social justice advocacy experience preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft applications
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Reliable transportation, driver’s license, auto and automobile insurance is a plus
- Written and spoken proficiency in Spanish & English a plus
Dolores Huerta Foundation is proud to offer a variety of benefits to full-time employees and their families:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- 75% of Medical Premium paid by DHF
- Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Up to 4 weeks’ Vacation
- Internal learning and development programs
Please send your resume, three professional references, and cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications for the position, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Dolores Huerta Foundation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job posted: 2021-10-02