Puente Human Rights Movement was founded in 2007 in response to abuse of power by local law enforcement officials and anti-migratory attacks through state laws and policies. For over 10 years, Puente has led the fight against local and federal anti-migratory policies while building a political home for Arizona’s most marginalized community members. In the last decade we have been able to stop the deportations of over 478 migrants and keep their families together.
Puente Human Rights Movement is a grassroots human rights organization centered on improving the quality of life for Arizona’s most marginalized communities. Our mission is to educate, organize, and empower our communities to unite and build political power in a collective effort to bring about lasting change to our state. We envision a world where all people have the right to a good quality of life and are treated with dignity. To create this world, we work to eradicate intolerance when it presents itself in economic, political, and social situations, policies, and practices that affect our daily lives. Learn more about our work at puenteaz.org.
Communications Coordinator Position Description:
Puente’s Communications Coordinator will be a social media and content creation expert, who is ready and willing to produce unique and engaging social content on a daily basis. Your goal is to improve our reach, engagement, and following in order to recruit like-minded folks to take action and participate in our campaigns for human rights. This person should have knowledge of social media best practices and communications strategy. You will work closely with Puente’s programming team to ensure a cohesive and well-planned communications calendar.
- Create social media content for FB, Twitter, and IG.
- Manage Puente’s social media accounts including daily posting, responding to messages and inquiries, and moderating comments.
- Draft e-blasts and manage CRM for targeted emails, including generating lists.
- Work with organizers and program staff to ensure a cohesive calendar of events and social promotions.
- Work with Development Director to create communications materials for fundraising campaigns.
- Create/design all print materials such as flyers, banners, pamphlets, etc.
- Analyzes and seek to improve Puente’s social media and online presence.
- Maintain and regularly update Puente’s website.
- Writes content such as blog posts, op-eds, etc. as needed.
- Researches ways to reach a wider audience via social or other means.
- Advises directors or managers on ways to improve or update public image.
- Ensures that all content and materials are aligned with Puente’s brand identity.
- Develop individual campaign brand identities and messaging such as website copy, logos, etc.
- Draft and disseminate press releases and serve as point of contact for media inquiries.
- Develop Puente’s tone in all written materials, and ensure it is aligned with Puente’s vision, mission, and campaign goals.
- High school diploma required.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or other relevant field preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish/English.
- Excellent writing skills in both English and Spanish.
- Ability to cultivate relationships with journalists and reporters.
- Ability to work diligently under tight deadlines.
- Comfortable speaking on the record with press on behalf of Puente, both with Spanish and English press.
- Excellent computer skills including Google applications and design software including Canva.
- Proven experience managing social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and increasing following and engagement.
- Knowledge of human rights issues in Arizona/nationally including immigration and criminal justice.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Comfortable working with diverse teams and member groups.
- Reside in or be willing to relocate to Phoenix, AZ.
- Commitment to human rights principles and the fight for dignity and respect of all people regardless of their personal histories or backgrounds.
Apply to This Job
Instructions:Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will be evaluating applications on a rolling basis. Applications must include (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) multiple graphic design/social media content samples. Please submit your application online at: www.idealist.org.
Job posted: 2021-10-03