Are you experienced in video, voice and data communication systems? Do you consider yourself someone that can effectively communicate with multiple groups? Come join Enbridge’s Maintenance Reliability team! This position will provide design, implementation, and support services for data communication systems used in Enbridge’s liquids pipeline system. You will coordinate and implement the latest wireless technologies to serve Company’s best interests and high standards and maintain data communications to facilitate the operation of the pipeline.
What You Will Do:
- Provide support for ongoing operation of installed systems which includes recommending solutions to operational issues, field training for personnel involved in newly installed communication systems, and resolving problems.
- Evaluate and negotiate tower leases with state and local agencies, cellular, and paging companies throughout the pipeline system.
- Provide on-call support and troubleshooting assistance to maintenance staff, controls systems engineering, and information services departments for communications equipment.
- Find opportunities for, and contribute to, technical investigations and trials related to new technologies in the areas of video and data communications.
- Assist with capital budget submissions directed at maintaining and enhancing the Company’s video, voice, and data communication systems.
- Monitor legislation changes with the Federal Communications Commission and Federal Aviation Aeronautics related to licensing and frequency coordination.
- Provides inspections and maintenance to Company radio equipment: communication towers and radio equipment buildings.
- Primary contact for federal, state, and local government agencies concerning the radio frequency implementation and control during emergency conditions.
- Provide technical support and assist with the Emergency Response Communications COML, COMT.
Who You Are:
You have the following education and experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of voice and data communication systems technical experience.
- Extensive working knowledge and understanding of data communication systems, including communication using radio frequencies and the ability to tackle technical problems as they arise.
- Valid driver’s license with a safe driving record.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form. This includes the ability to optimally interact with peers, internal stakeholders, equipment vendors, and service providers.
- Ability to work independently, achieving Company Objectives.
- Associate’s degree in technology with emphasis in radio/communications systems preferred.
- Hold either a valid FCC, NABER or PCIA Certificate preferred.
Include but are not limited to: Grasping, kneeling, light – moderate lifting (objects up to 45 pounds), reaching above shoulder, repetitive motion, sitting, standing, visual requirement (able to see screens, detect color coding, read fine print), hearing requirement.
Include but are not limited to: Ability to: understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, understand complex problems and collaborate/explore alternative solutions, organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology, organize and prioritize work schedule on a short-term basis, make decisions which have moderate impact on the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside this area, understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines, complete routine forms, compose letters, outlines, memoranda and basic reports and communicate with individuals via telephone.
Diversity and inclusion are important to us. Enbridge is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information For Applicants:
- Applications can be submitted via our online recruiting system only.
- We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Final candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check.
To learn more about us, visit www.enbridge.com
Job posted: 2020-06-09