General Overview: At the Climate Reality Project, we come to work every day to help solve the climate crisis. We do it by working from the ground up, empowering people and communities worldwide to fight for their future and together drive a just transition to clean energy.
Digital communication is a core component of this effort. Every day, we share stories, messages, and actions that bring home the urgency of the crisis and inspire people everywhere to take action.
The Communications Cordinator-Engagement plays a central role in this work and is responsible for supporting a global network of trained Climate Reality Leaders and other supporters, with a focus on coordinating communications about our campaigns and initiatives to our volunteer Chapters and other audiences. This position will support existing communication efforts and Climate Reality’s organizational priorities and events, help create new communication and digital action strategies for our campaigns and Chapters, and will work closely with both the Communications/Digital and Engagement teams to grow the impact of Climate Reality’s volunteers and supporters.
Duties and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Work with the both the Communications/Digital and Engagement Teams to develop and manage online communications that support our programs and campaigns.
- Identify, evaluate, and share opportunities for advocacy and activism with our trained Climate Reality Leaders, Chapters, and other supporters, with the aim of achieving campaign victories while strengthening and supporting our community of activists.
- Help to plan, maintain, and execute a strategic editorial calendar for trained Climate Reality Leaders and Climate Reality Chapters.
- Write communications in accordance with our brand, organizational best practices, and internal style guide.
- Plan, write, edit, and distribute content that provides value and moves our volunteers, supporters, and Chapters to act to include emails, blogs, newsletters, web content, social media posts, and more.
- Participate in the buildout of new Chapter maintenance processes through communications that help sustain the Chapters.
- Code and quality test emails according to established templates and standards.
- Write, edit, and design project plans, research briefs, resources, toolkits, and other assets for campaigns as needed.
- Participate in the coordination and execution of nonprofit coalition work as it pertains to online action efforts.
- Write press releases for noteworthy Climate Reality Leader and Chapter stories and communicate with the press team regarding such releases.
You’d be great for this role if:
- You have 1 to 2 years of experience in non-profit communications or digital marketing.
- You have some direct experience in email marketing, with a preference for prior experience at a nonprofit organization or a political campaign.
- You possess a strong knowledge of best practices for nonprofit online communications, including email messaging and cross-channel advocacy strategies that include social media and web.
- You are an excellent written and oral communicator with a focus on online communications.
- You are able to present technical concepts to a general audience.
- You have hands-on experience with CRM systems and email platforms, with a preference for experience with Salesforce and Marketo.
- You have knowledge of best practices for responsive design, mobile optimization, and email design.
- You possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with a wide variety of people to coordinate diverse tasks.
- You excel at attention to detail and an ability to problem solve and coordinate multiple tasks while working under critical deadlines.
- Knowledge of and a passion for climate change and environmental issues is important to you.
- You have basic data analysis skills and knowledge of Excel.
- You have some basic knowledge of HTML/CSS markup; experience with email HTML, which is preferred.
- You have any experience communicating or engaging with volunteers, which is a plus.
- You have any graphic design experience, which is a plus.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary range is $45,000-$50,000 and will be determined based on experience.
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k) with no vesting period and a company match, mobile phone reimbursement, 13 paid annual holidays plus the office closes with pay for full-time employees during our holiday break from Christmas Eve through New Year’s Day .
Please submit a cover letter and your resume to Jobs@climatereality.com by October 5, 2020.
Please indicate in your email with your submission the job site where you found this posting.
The Climate Reality Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.
Job posted: 2020-09-21