Communications and Development Coordinator
The Communications and Development Coordinator is a full time position responsible for coordinating and supporting communications and fundraising goals for Operations and Capital Campaigns and communicating organizational messaging across print and digital platforms. The position will report to the Development and Communications Director and interact regularly with the Executive Director and fundraising volunteers.
ABOUT FOOD LINK:
Food Link is a nonprofit community organization that rescues fresh food, alleviates hunger, and contributes to environmental sustainability. We achieve this goal by securing fresh food from farmers, grocers and distributors and allocating it to organizations who feed people in need throughout eastern Massachusetts. We have experienced tremendous growth over the past 9 years and are excited to add this new position while executing simultaneously two fundraising campaigns while significantly increasing our capacity and moving into our new facility.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinate and support fundraising goals for Operations and Capital campaigns and communicate organizational messaging across print and digital platforms.
- Conduct research on prospective new donors and sponsors and create / Maintain event, development and communications calendar
- Run reports/queries, importing/exporting data and executing mail merges and run reports on all gifts.
- Ensure accurate and timely data pulls from donor database for appeals, events, and department activities
- Oversee the implementation of a comprehensive communications plan for the organization, including; web, social media, impact reports, newsletters, brochures, direct mail pieces, press releases, annual appeal and other printed materials.
- Create communication strategies for events and other key organizational moments
- Coordinate with consultants and contract designers on projects
- Monitor, maintain and update website
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- Support the Development and Communications Director with fundraising events and activities from planning through execution, including outreach events and those with other functional areas
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS:
- Minimum of 4 years of professional communications work experience in non-profit/development settings
- Well organized, excellent attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple tasks at a quick pace and follow through to completion. The ability to manage time efficiently and meet required deadlines consistently
- Extremely strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong familiarity and comfort with database management and can learn new systems quickly. Little Green Light experience preferred.
- Familiarity and comfort with donor prospecting, cultivation, and stewardship preferred
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Illustrator, Photoshop, MailChimp and social media platforms; Experience with Zoom and Zoom Webinar preferred
- A kind and positive approach, can-do attitude, sense of humor, flexible, and the ability to troubleshoot, triage, and stay poised and calm under pressure
- A solid work-ethic, the ability to work independently, self-motivated, self-reliance, and dependable with a passion for Food Link’s mission
- Able to work in-person at our location in Arlington, MA approximately 40% of the workweek.
- Location: Primary work location is Arlington, MA.
- Status: This is an at-will, non-exempt, full-time position.
- EOE: Food Link is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
Eligible for employee benefits which include paid time off, a matching contribution to our retirement plan, health insurance, and bonus potential. There is some flexibility in the work schedule.
How to Apply
Send a thoughtful cover letter outlining your communications experience and why you are the candidate for the job along with salary requirements and resume saved as one file, saved with your last name to: email@example.com.
Job posted: 2020-12-31