Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Communications and Development Manager
The Communications and Development Manager implements communications and fundraising projects and tactics that support GoodWeave’s strategic objectives. This position assists the Vice President of Communications and manages activities such as campaigns, social media, eNewsletters, website content and edits, reporting and graphic design. As part of the development team, s/he/they work closely with the CEO to develop strategy and update management tools, including the deadline calendar, prospect list and revenue outlook, provide support on grants and directly manage the individual giving portfolio. The ideal candidate will have an interest in corporate social responsibility, international development or human rights, and possess a can-do attitude.
Specific responsibilities include:
Communications Support (70%)
- Developing and managing digital marketing and social media strategy.
- Monitoring, maintaining and growing GoodWeave’s social media presence on various channels; creating compelling content; scheduling posts; managing engagement; and responding to inquiries.
- Performing website edits using WordPress, such as updating pages or creating new pages, and working with staff to keep content up-to-date.
- Developing, writing, designing and distributing eNewsletters and e-blasts; including list maintenance and generation via organizational database.
- Managing campaigns and developing associated communications assets such as social media toolkits and invitations.
- Designing and creating graphics for documents and presentations; as well as managing outside vendors developing marketing and creative materials.
- Managing digital asset library.
- Providing website and social media reports.
- Monitoring relevant daily news; tracking media hits and placements.
- Other projects and ad hoc requests as needed.
Development and Fundraising (30%)
- Design, manage and oversee individual giving campaigns including print and electronic mailings and campaigns.
- Manage online fundraising channels.
- Manage Combined Federal Campaign applications and relationship with third-party vendor.
- Cultivate major donors and prospects.
- Monitor incoming donations and record in organization’s database.
- Write donor acknowledgements.
- Track revenue and key grant information through pipeline spreadsheet and calendar.
- Update prospects list and track next steps for high-priority funders.
- Ensure that reporting, application and renewal deadlines are met by program and development team.
- Support grant proposals.
- Track and analyze effectiveness of fundraising campaigns.
- Oversee organization’s database in relation to fundraising.
- Strong digital and technical capabilities including WordPress, social media platforms, Meltwater, Sprout, Constant Contact, SharePoint, MS Office, Outlook, Adobe Creative Cloud especially InDesign, as well as an ability to learn new platforms.
- Knowledge of AP style and Google Analytics desired.
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Strong background in database management with experience in FileMaker Pro preferred.
- Exceptional attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced small office atmosphere with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience managing donor information, giving data and generating related reports
- 5+ years’ demonstrated experience in strategic communications and fundraising and/or executive support with increasing levels of responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree required
To apply, please email resume and cover letter explaining why your skills and experience are suitable for this position to:
Vice President, Communications
Job posted: 2022-11-13