Job Title: Communications Director
Reports To: Executive Vice President, Chief Administrative Officer
Congressional Bank is a mid-sized specialty commercial lender that is redefining how a bank should operate in a changing world. We are transforming our organization and brand to reflect our focus on responsible banking backed by the belief that banking done right is good for customers, business, and society – and can drive both bottom lines and positive environmental and social change. We combine national reach and distinctive expertise in healthcare, lender, leveraged, and sustainable finance with a commitment to our customers and communities. Further differentiated by our drive to think creatively and execute quickly, we deliver the tailored, reliable financing solutions that enable our customers to grow faster.
The Bank has established a company-wide responsible investment and ESG policy that promotes sustainability and serves as a “green” business model. Bolstering that position, the company recently announced a sizable new capital investment and a significant partnership with the leading energy-efficient home improvement financing platform that have the company poised to be at the forefront of driving prosperity and progress through financing.
At this moment of transformation, Congressional Bank is seeking an experienced and strategic communications professional to build and lead our corporate communications and marketing function. This role will be a true business partner, responsible for building the organization’s reputation to reflect our aspirations. We are looking for an entrepreneurial self-starter with a passion for making the world better, who is eager to join the early stages of something new and make your mark on how and where to position our company and build our business by helping our story break through with the right audiences. This is a position that combines the excitement, energy and possibility of a startup with the strength and standing of an established, respected institution and executive team.
- Serve as the company’s corporate communications lead, establishing and executing an integrated communications strategy that drives business and reputation objectives, effectively reaching internal and external stakeholders across owned, earned, and paid channels.
- Work with senior executive leadership to understand the goals and initiatives of the bank and its various business divisions and their respective customers to inform the company’s positioning, communications campaigns, and other strategic support.
- Craft and deliver effective messaging and related materials (e.g., communications plans, strategy memos, rollouts, press releases, message tracks, speeches, Q&As, stakeholder communications, internal communications, social media content).
- Provide ongoing communications counsel to internal stakeholders, including senior executives and business division leaders.
- Manage executive profiles to support business objectives, including identifying and executing speaking and media opportunities across paid, earned, and owned channels.
- Project manage and drive communications initiatives, campaigns, events, and activations, including managing workplans, deadlines, and budgets.
- Build and manage relationships with key media, including top-tier and relevant trade outlets.
- Lead crisis and issues communications management. Work with internal leadership to respond effectively to emerging issues while also anticipating and planning for them.
- Oversee the bank’s digital presence and engagement, including website, apps, and social media.
- Manage outside communications and marketing agencies as integral members of our extended team.
Expertise and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 7-10 years of experience in strategic communications, public affairs, journalism, or related fields, with a preference for financial services or relevant agency experience.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills as well as outstanding strategic and critical thinking abilities.
- Experience with developing and managing integrated communications campaigns targeting multiple audiences and aligning messages across own, paid, and earned channels.
- Experience with crisis communications, issues management, and, ideally, change management.
- Experience working successfully with media across traditional, broadcast, and digital platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage projects, meeting deadlines and budgets.
- Familiarity with the financial services or sustainability sectors and understanding of evolving trends in banking, sustainability, and ESG are preferred.
- An organized, self-motivated, and entrepreneurial approach to navigating challenges, seeking out and maximizing opportunities, and achieving objectives.
- Strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills, including the ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment.
- The ability to thrive under pressure and handle multiple complex projects in a fast-moving, deadline-oriented environment while maintaining meticulous attention to detail.
- A demonstrated capacity for leadership, communication, and teamwork.
- This full-time role reports to the Chief Administrative Officer. It is based in Chevy Chase, MD
- The role has the following internal clients: the Executive Chairman, Chief Executive Officer, Chief Strategy Officer and Business Line Presidents
- The role works collaboratively with the Compliance and Information Technology Departments
We welcome employees with a range of experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives. We are committed to sustaining a diverse and inclusive culture where all of our employees feel valued and are empowered to achieve their potential.
Congressional Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-09-27